Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Poles do we use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don Logan

My everyday pole is a SLX 35FT, Got a ionic 45ft ergolit  commercial weights a ton, Supermax 50 ft, I use this on most commercial work and a 18ft carbon ionic pole that I haven't used for about 4 years. I also have swift 60ft pole for a commercial job that lasted about two years haven't used that for about  5 years. (MUG should have sold it )

What's your favourite make of pole?

My everyday pole is a SLX 35FT, Got a ionic 45ft ergolit  commercial weights a ton, Supermax 50 ft, I use this on most commercial work and a 18ft carbon ionic pole that I haven't used for about 4 years. I also have swift 60ft pole for a commercial job that lasted about two years haven't used that for about  5 years. (MUG should have sold it )

On this forum you will get many many answers of gardiners poles.

Including me ?

I couldn't use an SLX35 as an everyday pole as its too heavy and the base diamt is too big for my hands.

My everyday pole in an SLX22 and that reaches 99% of my everyday needs. I have an SLX40 which is nearly 11 years old and gets used 5 or 6 times a month at the most. Son uses an SLX25 as his everyday pole.

We also have a second SLX22 with a flocked brush with both fan jets and pencil jets which we can swap between as needed. (Son in law used to use this pole but gave it back to me when he gave up window cleaning some 4 years ago.)

I also have a perfectly usable CLX22 in storage. It was in daily use for around 6 years as the second pole and could do with a set of upgraded clamps as they are still the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extreme 18,25,35 and a couple of slx extensions to take the 35 to 44' 

Also my favourite clx4 for bungelows.

Various clxs, for windows and close work.

S max and xr steamline for long reach stuff.

We have tried most poles over the years , gardeners are very good and we stick to them now , but I do wonder how good the Phoenix poles are , sometimes it’s easier to stick with what you know rather than but something else that may not be as good 

We use Garinders - CLX27 / SLX39 / SMAX45

Have used Gardiners poles since day 1

Gardiner's poles for me:

SLX22, we have three:

One each for me and my son for virtually all of our work, plus one spare in the van. 

SLX 30, always in the van, though used very little (a handful of taller houses and solar panels). 

I try to stay loyal to folk and companies that deserve it rather than just chop and change. Gardiner's have always provided me with first class equipment and service.

I believe Alex started out as a wìndow cleaner and decided that he could design, manufacture and supply much better equipment than was available at the time. That took a lot of courage and imagination. I wonder when things would have advanced to where they are now if it hadn't been for Gardiner's. I started out five or six years ago with heavy, whippy fibreglass poles (from a different supplier) that seemed to refuse to put the brush anywhere near where I wanted it. 

Loyalty is important to me and I intend to continue to use Gardiner's poles and brushes.

?

I use Extreme poles ranging from 22ft -65ft.

If you're using them for yourself then Extreme poles are hard to beat as a day to day pole.Try not to use a pole longer than you need.

The excess weight and wider handle can all contribute to wear and tear on your body and rsi.

I started with the green Unger fibreglass, 18' & 27'.

Then tried an 18' foot Ionic, which was a total tragedy. Clamps kept snapping.  They initially denied there was a problem before taking it back and replacing with proper clamps. I never got on with it. 

I've been using clx18 and an slx 35. Which have been fine. Along with Univalves. Only real issue has been black hands off the slx, which is grim. 

I went to the Window Cleaning show back in September and was convinced to buy one of these new fandangled Ova8 jobbies.  At a massive discount. 22' carbon fibre with hose and a brush. I wish I hadn't.... It doesn't slide very well, I'm having to pull it closed which is a pain, literally, in my shoulder. The brush nozzles are so small the jet coming out I'm sure could cut steel! So I have to turn down the flow.  I like the brush socket system on it, better than the Gardiner one, which I've not very easy or consistent. 

I like the extra length, '22 over 18'.  But wish I'd gone for an Slx 22. Perhaps Gardiner should try going to Shows, they'd pick up sales. 

Use a clx 27ft for the vast majority of my work, bungalows get the little streamline pole as the clx is way to cumbersome for those and the vast majority of my work in general really.

Just brought a xtreme 18ft which I'll be picking up in a couple of weeks, that will save my back and arm strain and do 90% of my work with ease, can't wait.

Back