Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What phone do you use?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

nearly everyone I know now uses these modern, massive phones that do this and that. Thing is, they always seem to be running out of charge. I use just an old nokia, holds its charge for over a week, fits in my pocket and does what i need (calls and texts), costs me less than tenner a month. I use the pc at home if I need to go online, nice big screen then. I do get a lot of ribbing actually, for not getting one of the new smartphones, but i really cant see the point. Any of you just use the old style basic phone?

I use an I phone , I find it very useful during the working day to keep up to date with email enquires from customers and potential customers many who enquire via my website are very surprised when I contact them with in an hour or so and quite often have been working in there area and quoted and even done the job the same day , ordering stuff from suppliers can also be done during the working day , and on a lighter note seeing what has been posted on hear ????

I use an I phone , I find it very useful during the working day to keep up to date with email enquires from customers and potential customers many who enquire via my website are very surprised when I contact them with in an hour or so and quite often have been working in there area and quoted and even done the job the same day , ordering stuff from suppliers can also be done during the working day , and on a lighter note seeing what has been posted on hear ????
Ah yes, I see how its handy for a lot who may use it for business. I havent got a website, maybe should do. I just catch up on here when im at home or maybe in the library. maybe one day I'll get one lol. Just i used to break so many phones. I'd get one of those rugged/waterproof ones. Its the charging each day puts me off, often im not home for a few days. Mind you, i guess if they email or text it would go on when you charge up. but a lot of the elderly, who are a lot of my customers only use phone. 

nearly everyone I know now uses these modern, massive phones that do this and that. Thing is, they always seem to be running out of charge. I use just an old nokia, holds its charge for over a week, fits in my pocket and does what i need (calls and texts), costs me less than tenner a month. I use the pc at home if I need to go online, nice big screen then. I do get a lot of ribbing actually, for not getting one of the new smartphones, but i really cant see the point. Any of you just use the old style basic phone?

I do use a Nokia but it's for personal use, I have it with me all the time just for calls and texts.  For the business I have to use the smartphone as I need it to take photos.  I hate smartphones though, it took me nearly 1 hour yesterday to get photos off the bloody phone and into an email, they make it so overly complex.  Software should be designed user friendly, if you need to refer to the instruction manual all the time then the product has been poorly designed.

If they could make a phone that just had a camera add on then that would do me.  I hate using the internet on smartphones, it's like looking through a letterbox.  On a pc everything is so easy.

Nokia 3.2 - dual sim for obvious reasons. 4000mA battery means i can easily get two days of regular use out of it too unlike a lot of smartphones out there with daft 2500mA or 3000mA batteries.

Basic phones are good for battery life too.. but can you tap the navigate button to find you the quickest route to your next client? - That's the advantage (along with automatic texts etc)

I do use a Nokia but it's for personal use, I have it with me all the time just for calls and texts.  For the business I have to use the smartphone as I need it to take photos.  I hate smartphones though, it took me nearly 1 hour yesterday to get photos off the bloody phone and into an email, they make it so overly complex.  Software should be designed user friendly, if you need to refer to the instruction manual all the time then the product has been poorly designed.

If they could make a phone that just had a camera add on then that would do me.  I hate using the internet on smartphones, it's like looking through a letterbox.  On a pc everything is so easy.
Yeh ive been looking through them. Im after a simple one, im sure there must be. In the end, the other week I put my photo off my digital camera into my pics on the pc and it was really quick then to upload it onto here. Should be easy then to use it as an attachment to an email, but yeh, thats on the pc. Mind you, had to change the setting for the pic or it was too many bytes or whatever to load up.

Nokia 3.2 - dual sim for obvious reasons. 4000mA battery means i can easily get two days of regular use out of it too unlike a lot of smartphones out there with daft 2500mA or 3000mA batteries.

Basic phones are good for battery life too.. but can you tap the navigate button to find you the quickest route to your next client? - That's the advantage (along with automatic texts etc)
yeh two days seems good, better than many.

Those 2 days are with me using the internet a lot on it too - not just a couple of phone calls, i mean several hours of internet use. 4G does hit it a bit more than wifi but even then i can still get 2 days out of it. I've been tempted to try for 3 but don't want to get caught short lol so charge it up after the second day.

Still beats my old NEC e313 from 3 though... that thing came with a spare battery to carry round with you lol

Whatsapp or fb works better, although Iv'e had people say they can't attach photos to emails or whatsapp, never had a an issue with Samsung phones we have had them for years as they are good reliable phones 

I commend you staying old school, I really do. I was a exactly the same as you!!! I was always getting a ribbing from peeps to update saying it’s like a computer etc etc, and my reply was simple; I just need a phone to make calls as I also had a computer at home. Thing is, I was lm on a phone subscription and was due an upgrade but I just kept stalling on the upgrade, as I didn’t need a smart phone. Eventually, my old phone started losing its charge so I reluctantly upgraded to an iPhone.  Wow! I’ve never looked back!!! Amazing bit of kit. Wouldn’t have it any other way. It definitely makes your life a lot easier and convenient, but also more complicated, as you are checking your phone a whole lot more than you used to. It’s like a crazy habit you get into. 

it is amazing when you change over, and you won’t regret it, and you’ll wish you’d done it sooner, BUT....stay minimalistic for as long as you can hold out, Bro ? Be more monk-like in this busy, crazy old world ??

never had a an issue with Samsung phones we have had them for years as they are good reliable phones 

My missus has a thing about Samsungs too. Her last one got dropped in the bath... came out fine.

The next incident it had was a lot worse. She ran herself a bath, went to lay on the bed waiting for it while leaving the phone in the bathroom in reach of little man. Little man was in his 2nd./ 3rd year of not knowing the effects of anything he does and decided to plop her phone into the bath where it stayed for at least 8 minutes until she went to turn it off and realised what he'd done. Although it then started playing the "chirp chirp" sound when you plug in the charger every 6-7 seconds a few days later, it was still fully operational and she carried on using it for months - yes, with the annoying chirp chirp sound lol. Camera on it was a little bit blurry but still usable.

I commend you staying old school, I really do. I was a exactly the same as you!!! I was always getting a ribbing from peeps to update saying it’s like a computer etc etc, and my reply was simple; I just need a phone to make calls as I also had a computer at home. Thing is, I was lm on a phone subscription and was due an upgrade but I just kept stalling on the upgrade, as I didn’t need a smart phone. Eventually, my old phone started losing its charge so I reluctantly upgraded to an iPhone.  Wow! I’ve never looked back!!! Amazing bit of kit. Wouldn’t have it any other way. It definitely makes your life a lot easier and convenient, but also more complicated, as you are checking your phone a whole lot more than you used to. It’s like a crazy habit you get into. 

it is amazing when you change over, and you won’t regret it, and you’ll wish you’d done it sooner, BUT....stay minimalistic for as long as you can hold out, Bro ? Be more monk-like in this busy, crazy old world ??
 haha, yes mate, they love it down the pub, its like 'kev, show us yer phone' I think I will keep it even when its had it. Will be soon i think. Im looking at the durable/break-proof ones, cat or something similar. I guess it will be simpler to be online on the move and not have to be home to log on. Mind you, hope the text aint too small. wear glasses for reading at home but cant be arsed to wear them out all day.

ive got to be honest im a bit of a tech geek and have always run andriod, hate apple with a passion but thats a completely different story, anyway i came across the samsung a70 the other month which is a middle of the range phone, not your flagship s10 or rubbish cheap thing...got to be honest its one of the best phones i have had in god knows how many years..battery life is awsome, dual sim for work and personal, big 6 inch screen and never lags for anything..im chuffed to bits with it, highly recomended

Thing is with these new phones, they seem bit big to keep on your person while working. mine would just go in my jean pocket. Im thinking cargo or army trousers/shorts with the big pocket would be the option. certainly gotta be a bit more careful with those bits of kit I reckon.

Thing is with these new phones, they seem bit big to keep on your person while working. mine would just go in my jean pocket. Im thinking cargo or army trousers/shorts with the big pocket would be the option. certainly gotta be a bit more careful with those bits of kit I reckon.
ive always used costco softshell jackets for work as they are brill quality and brilliant to have embroidered, these (and most softshell jackets) come with a handy chest pocket for my phone and its a big one.

ive always used costco softshell jackets for work as they are brill quality and brilliant to have embroidered, these (and most softshell jackets) come with a handy chest pocket for my phone and its a big one.
yeh thats the thing, find out the gear thats made for it.

haha, yes mate, they love it down the pub, its like 'kev, show us yer phone' I think I will keep it even when its had it. Will be soon i think. Im looking at the durable/break-proof ones, cat or something similar. I guess it will be simpler to be online on the move and not have to be home to log on. Mind you, hope the text aint too small. wear glasses for reading at home but cant be arsed to wear them out all day.
Mine's a Samsung galaxy S8. Very happy with it. I enlarged the text on the settings. You should be able to change the size of text on any smartphone I'd imagine. ?

I have a S8 and its the best mobile i have had. My contract has run out and i'm thinking of getting a S10 5g which is a bit bigger than my S8. I give my old phones away to my nephews if they will take them.

Mine's a Samsung galaxy S8. Very happy with it. I enlarged the text on the settings. You should be able to change the size of text on any smartphone I'd imagine. ?
yes I should move with the times really. Just that for many years I was either losing them or breaking them when out on a wkend, so always got cheapys. I think i'd leave it at home on a saturday night 

I have a S8 and its the best mobile i have had. My contract has run out and i'm thinking of getting a S10 5g which is a bit bigger than my S8. I give my old phones away to my nephews if they will take them.
I had the s8 plus and bought the a70, it's a much better phone and you can pick them up for around £250 new, the s10 is just packed with things 99% of won't use or don't need, 5g is very much still in its very early stages and even in places that have the masts, you have to be very close to them for any major speed change due to the frequency it is transmitted on... I would highly recommend having a play with the a70 to see before you plump for the massive expense of the s10

Back