Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new van may be needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

my Citroen Dispatch 2009    has failed on mot,      Put full bottle of redex  in fuel tank,     drove for miles before mot,   Still fail.

Any recommendations to try

May have to shop around for a good Van deal.     Pref.  with drivers side side door due to way van is parked on driveway.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated on van deals to get me going for the next lot of years,

Thanks in advance.

Never seen this coming

yes Emmisions

What did it fail on?

Or sorry, missed the end bit....emissions. This is something that worries me about my van. A LOT of engine on/off. I put redex in my fuel tank too. I believe you can get your DPF filter professionally cleaned which I may look into.

there are a few companies that do a decarbon clean on vehicles, not sure how much it is but they flush all your fuel system out and get rid of any carbon build up. never used one but heard good things about them, that might be worth a try.

could ask the garage to hook it up to the laptop and do a forced regen on the dpf, may be bunged up

My old transit connect failed on emissions, but that dont mean the whole van is no good. Sorted mine by giving it a proper thrash, parked up and full reved, loads of black sooty smoke came out. And this expert took off a liitle pipe that went from one bit to another ( i forget, but I think spruce knew what it was) and then gave it a thrash home, next day it passed. ive left the pipe disconnected but I think i might reconnect, though nothing seems amiss. 

Redex is pile of ? that's the reason it's usually sold for £6, this has been covered in the past, better of using this Cataclean Diesel   this is supposed to be decent as well Forte Diesel Treatment

That Cataclean looks canny but wants to be for that price! 

Edit: Just noticed that link was for 2 bottles so not too bad actually ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That Cataclean looks canny but wants to be for that price! 
Works a treat I have used it 3 times now since I bought my van in Jan 2018, I only do short runs and a max of 3,000 miles a year never had dpf light come on and you can tell almost straight away the van isn't sluggish and fuel economy increase somewhat, a taxi firm owner I know who has 6 motors uses the Forte stuff 

Works a treat I have used it 3 times now since I bought my van in Jan 2018, I only do short runs and a max of 3,000 miles a year never had dpf light come on and you can tell almost straight away the van isn't sluggish and fuel economy increase somewhat, a taxi firm owner I know who has 6 motors uses the Forte stuff 

I've just ordered some of the Cataclean thanks for the heads up mate. I'm like you and probably most of us windies are constantly doing start/stops all day and it worries me a tad. Will probably be banging this in every 3 months or so.

there are a few companies that do a decarbon clean on vehicles, not sure how much it is but they flush all your fuel system out and get rid of any carbon build up. never used one but heard good things about them, that might be worth a try.

could ask the garage to hook it up to the laptop and do a forced regen on the dpf, may be bunged up

Costs about £120 if you have it  terra cleaned 

I've just ordered some of the Cataclean thanks for the heads up mate. I'm like you and probably most of us windies are constantly doing start/stops all day and it worries me a tad. Will probably be banging this in every 3 months or so.
No worries, I usually but 2 bottles at a time, mine is overdue now but I need to wait until there is only about 1/4 of a tank of fuel in, the van is in for it's MOT first thing tomorrow but all should be good 

put some clear magic in to fuel,   from CTS,  auto company,     drove around 40 miles  in 3rd + 4th gear upto 70 / 80 mph,  saw all black sut coming out of exhaust,     give it a good thrashing  no higher than 4th gear  @ 70/80mph.      saw patrol cars but on opposite side.    . took it back to mot garage,      PASSED.      What a relief.     Saved a few thousand £s  this year.    I was actually looking at vans online  .    A couple of little jobs to do on van, pick up today

just had call    £108    to pay.     im a happy camper .      These new emission rules are getting a nightmare.    getting a second hand van  does not mean it will  pass next mot.     always remember to give it a good drive out in 3/4th gear, clear it out a bit

@jonny bravo, give some thought to finding some veggie oil that's sold for fuel, it has zero emmisions I believe, I used to run my old caddy on it and was very good smelt like a chippy though 
One of my mates used to get this from a takeaway. He does removals, dont know if he still does it but he reckoned it was fine.

Back