Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long do you take for lunch?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bart90

I don't really fuss with breaks through the day, my lunch time is just the time it takes me to eat my lunch which is usually about 20 minutes.  The only other break I sometimes have is if one of the few customers are home who make proper coffee and bring me a drink, then I may sit on a wall for 2 minutes ( 5 minutes if cake included lol).  I've tried in the past to have 'allocated' lunch times but it just doesn't suit me.  I much prefer to just carry on and get as much done as possible in the day.

What do you guys do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very similar, I start between 8am and 8-30am and finish between 4pm and 4:30pm just depending on how I feel. I end up working a little longer if I've had one too many chatterbox that day ? ?

At first i wasnt eating during the day, but now ill have a sarnie n bag of walkers between customer, unless im in Briston and they have a butchers that do 10/10 sossig rolls.

Cant wait till Friday mmmmmmmmmmm sosig roll

Have also started taking a flask of coffee with me now

5 minutes?! Mate, you need to slow down your eating - weren't you the one that nearly chocked on a bacon sandwich in a post a while back??! ?
Yup that was me ? felt the life draining from me lucky i had a drink to hand to grasp in desperation for my life. 

No lunch break for me. I start at 9am and finish between 2-3pm. No breaks, no cuppas, nothing, just graft straight though to get my round finished for the week. However I work weekends in a band so my operation is to get finished asap before the weekend.

If its a busy day ahead I have a cup and a half of porridge and I can work till about 4pm without stopping, or if I have time a Wetherspoons large breakfast with blackpudding and I really dont need to eat till 6pm.

Most days I take about ten mins for lunch, just a meal deal from shop, sandwich drink and packet of crisps.

Every day is different but I make sure I stop for at least a half a hour. Yesterday I was working by the sea so I had a hour break with a coffee looking out to sea and doing a bit of paperwork.  I couldn't work all day without a break.  If I pass a garage around 10 I would also grab a coffee and drink it on the go. 

I prefer a good 20 minutes for my lunch and I don't like to clash on all day everyday, I have had no choice this week but to do the opposite as a very busy week all in, as Wendy is on holiday from Neverland and the lost boys have to fend for themselves, I have had to squeeze a full days work in and finish work an hour early every day this week, so I can get back home for my dog. 

Friday tomorrow, so midday finish and a pint in the afternoon unless i decided to drive to nottingham foe poker ?

Thats friday lunch lol

Start at 8 and stop for about 20 minutes at around 11 for a cuppa and biscuits. Graft to around half 1 and stop for half an hour for lunch.

Work until around 4ish and done. My worker and I don’t rush around to bang the work out as quickly as possible, we work reasonably hard  but try to enjoy the day.

Early finish Fridays though to start the weekend off ??

I know where all Greggs the bakers are now. I cant resist their £3 hot sandwich washed down with a diet coke. Got a few nephews helping me now because i'm getting busy. At the start they were taking sandwiches but ditched them when i offered to buy them a hot sandwich from Greggs. Hard to beat Greggs and even their coffee tastes great. ?

Start at 5-6 ish and usually finish at 11-12 depending on the day. Only take lunch break on Friday for 15 mins. The quicker I finish, the quicker I get home. A mars bar and bottle of Lucozade on the go if I am flagging.

Black coffee or water on the go. I do 16/8 intermittent fasting, stop eating at 9pm and can eat from 1pm, however, prefer to finish my round and pick up my son and will then grab a piece of fruit at around 3:30pm

Locations of my rounds mean I can call home to let the dog out for 10mins while getting a bite (not from the dog).
I was less than 10 minutes away from my house this week, but even so I saw it as impractical to lose 30 minutes or so half through the day and be racing around in traffic, also he is used to a certain routine and has an hour or so walk once my wife usually gets home, he is also trained not to do anything in the garden at all so would need to have a walk.

Back