Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Level clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tommycleans

Good Afternoon Everyone...

I am after a bit of advice, I currently have a small window cleaning business with a few employees, a mixture of residential and some good commercial work.

I have been approached by one of our commercial clients about conducting a “high level clean”, not windows, but cleaning and dusting all around the ducting and lighting.

There are 5 large areas that need doing, normally i would turn something like this away as its not my game, however i have been told by the manager on the quiet that they currently pay in the region of 20k to get this done once a year and the current company complete it in one night.

My initial plan is to use a combination of skyvacs, dusting (using waterfedpole without water and brush on but with a duster) and a scaffold tower.

Apart from making a change in my liability insurance, ensuring equipment is covered up, getting enough people for the work and hoovering up after we have cleaned is there anything else i need to consider?

I cant use cherry pickers or scissor lifts as there is no access to get them inside.

Just wondered if anyone else has done anything like this, and any tips/advice?

Much Appreciated!

Thanks - Tommy

Not done anything like this , but what is the dust from ? Is it considered hazardous waist ? If they are charging 20k for a nights work something there doesn’t add up to me ?. 

Nothing Hazardous, just areas that only get cleaned once a year, also probably require at least 8/10 people for the night plus equipment hire. 

What do you call "high level". Has someone in your company got the qualifications to operate / erect the scaffold tower. Have you got the Insurance to  work above 20', have you got a method statement or risk assessment in place. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back