Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap Gutter Setup advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Looking to get a below £1000 gutter clearing setup for up to 35ft. I have done some research and found that the cheaper gutter machines lack power. I found this machine as a possible alternative: https://www.monstershop.co.uk/80l-industrial-vacuum-cleaner-and-floor-nozzle-attachment

Pro's are:

Airflow of 6360 L/M.

3000W motor (Interestingly the 3000W comes from three separate 1000W motors - not sure if that is going to be powerful enough ?)

These specs puts it far ahead the Atom and other cheapo gutter machines. The Syvac Interceptor has the same capacity and airflow of 8000L/M which is not that far ahead comsdiering the £4000 price difference.

Of course the Max blast doesn't include any poles and would need some modifying. I saw a company that made custom poles called GutterCleaningServices.co.uk (Nick Day iirc) but found some feedback saying that the company was not trustworthy. I think they have be busto now as their website no longer exists. 

* Can anyone comment on the Maxblast machine for gutter cleaning - what is the machine like in terms of blockages, dirt removal, post work cleaning / maintenance ?

* Does anyone know of a pole producer that are trustworthy who would build some poles for this machine ? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with the 3 x 1000w motor option.  It's the most you can plug in to a 13 amp socket.  You'd need to get some 50mm heavy duty hose (about £60 for 8 metres), two cuffs, poles (I use aluminium ones, they're heavy compared to carbon, but won't break or jam) and the attachments.  I have a similar vac with three motors, 7500 L/M, 6 x 5'3" poles and the suction is very good, easily sucking out large clumps of weeds and soil.  Just make sure the filter is clean.

As for the Skyvac machines, I've never used one, but can see that someone is making a lot of money from machines and accessories  that are in no way superior.

BTW, gutter cleaning systems have gone bust.

Couldn't happen to a nicer set of cowboys.

As for the Skyvac machines, I've never used one, but can see that someone is making a lot of money from machines and accessories  that are in no way superior.
I've got the Industrial and their poles are absolutely the best. Very light and individually clamped so they can't jam. Suppose it's a bit like Gardiner poles compared to cheap Chinese ones, both do the job but, ignoring the unintended pun, are poles apart price wise.

I have a similar vac with three motors, 7500 L/M

Can i ask what machine you use ? Did you need to make any mofifications to the hose attachements into the machine ? Also do you use a bag to collect the muck or just empty it straight out the machine ? 

Is there anyone else doing anything like this these days ?

Back