Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Really...How serious ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pane

Hey guys!..Looking ahead,i know a few guys who work outside.

They reckon Jan/Feb 2020 weather reports warn of the Beast of the East's lil Sister is coming...She's gonna be a *****!???...Hopefully Not!.

Aye. I heard there is a possibility for a really bad month of October in 2045. Hopefully I'll approach my pension age by then so I can get out of this terrible trade before it sinks..

?

Sean Batty on our TV canny get tomorrow's weather right so I would take it with a pinch of salt. Two jobs in the world that you can be wrong everyday and still keep your job or get a massive. A Scottish weatherman and a Scottish banker, even if you lose the Bank (RBS) you still get a million pound pension each year! ?

January and February are bad months, once it hits March it starts to warm up again.

January the first week we have off anyway, so we now got 7 weeks of extreme cold weather until March, Novemeber and December are not as cold as January/February, November to February is cold only so it is not too bad ? ?

Good thing about January it starts to get lighter.

i personally dislike February,I think Tenerife this year.
Tenerife..S'alright for some.Will hopefully be still trying to drive this business forwards!.

Hey guys!..Looking ahead,i know a few guys who work outside.

They reckon Jan/Feb 2020 weather reports warn of the Beast of the East's lil Sister is coming...She's gonna be a *****!???...Hopefully Not!.
Is always possible. I think the worst in living memory was 1963, prob no window cleaning for 3 months in that case. If need be I can do a month or so weathered off, as ive got a lot of gaps in my books i could soon catch then all up. I think we are due one of these nightmare winters, just have to wait n see.❄️ ☃️ ?️ ⛷️

Is always possible. I think the worst in living memory was 1963, prob no window cleaning for 3 months in that case. If need be I can do a month or so weathered off, as ive got a lot of gaps in my books i could soon catch then all up. I think we are due one of these nightmare winters, just have to wait n see.❄️ ☃️ ?️ ⛷️
I bloody hope its not that bad a winter.Im trying to build up a business ks789??.

Should be fine, very rare its that bad especially in the south. maybe get a bad week or so.
2 bloody snowflakes in London and the Government calls a Cobra meeting, whilst in the north we just get on with work, driving through 2 foot snow drifts. Should get the Southerners biting  :1f618:

Last edited by a moderator:
200.gif

@Part Timer this is standard issue footwear when we are barbecuing up here. ?

Good thing about January it starts to get lighter.

i personally dislike February,I think Tenerife this year.
I’m there for ten days in January with the family, and one week in February with the lads, 14 of us ?.

Great time to go, coldest two months of the year in this country ?

2 bloody snowflakes in London and the Government calls a Cobra meeting, whilst in the north we just get on with work, driving through 2 foot snow drifts. Should get the Southerners biting  :1f618:
You have to work in **** weather up north as that’s the only weather you get.

Helps you save for your next pair of flairs ?

Oi part timer...talk about cheek?...Im one Southerner who works in that snow upto -12 before?..The cheek of it ?.

200.gif

@Part Timer this is standard issue footwear when we are barbecuing up here. ?
Those wellys seem like my trainers have been. Got 3 pairs drying out this week, sodden through. No dry ones left so lucky no work tomoz. Think i get a pair of reebok leather classics, if I remember right they seemed fairly waterproof.

january has been my highest earning month this year.......

if the weather gets too bad then sack it off and enjoy the time off......build up an emergency fund of a few grand so you can dip into it if need be.....the windows will still be there for cleaning when the weather gets better again.....

january has been my highest earning month this year.......

if the weather gets too bad then sack it off and enjoy the time off......build up an emergency fund of a few grand so you can dip into it if need be.....the windows will still be there for cleaning when the weather gets better again.....
January was also my highest earning month this year. Think we had only one day off 

I read something a while back. I can't remember where or the exact words but it went something like this :

Britain calls it a blizzard, Canada calls it a snow shower... Norway calls it Wednesday. ?
The same can be said for rain in Cardiff. In winter the chances of a day with no rain are pretty minimal so we crack on.

When the gales and ice come we do pack it in though, personal preference like. Neither are what i call safe working/driving conditions

Back