Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

HWCS

One near miss to many

Part Timer

Nice bit of kit but for gods sake turn the pole clamps round the other way, making me feel sick looking at it like that 😲 

P4dstar
30 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Nice bit of kit but for gods sake turn the pole clamps round the other way, making me feel sick looking at it like that 😲 

Like nails down a blackboard man, I feel you.

HWCS

Panic over aboutfitting all my gear in the Zaffira, went n played pool last night (won6-3) and a lad on my team picks his new van up Thursday so ive got his old Combi for £450 50weeks MOT, good all rounder just gotta get the smell of his fkn weed out of it 🤢🤢

P4dstar
22 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Panic over aboutfitting all my gear in the Zaffira, went n played pool last night (won6-3) and a lad on my team picks his new van up Thursday so ive got his old Combi for £450 50weeks MOT, good all rounder just gotta get the smell of his fkn weed out of it 🤢🤢

Soak a sponge in lemon juice (a few if its really bad) and leave them in there overnight. It will absorb the smell.

Part Timer
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

Soak a sponge in lemon juice (a few if its really bad) and leave them in there overnight. It will absorb the smell.

Personal knowledge?

ks789
3 hours ago, HWCS said:

I doubt you'll find that bit he'd hid in there, 😆

HWCS

Just had a quote for insurance 

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

Davy G
28 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

Sounds very fair to me. 🙂

Pjj
46 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

That’s cheap 

Bart90
4 hours ago, HWCS said:

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

You sure that's a proper quote and not just some guy at Aviva winding you up cos you're an Ipswich fan?😛

P4dstar
13 hours ago, HWCS said:

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

Before you settle on zero no claims, most companies (70% I was told) allow you to transfer your no claims across from the car. If you're not planning to drive a car as well for the next few years I wouldn't waste it mate.

Iron Giant
14 hours ago, HWCS said:

Zero no claims

44yrs old

£195 fully comp

BOOOOOOOOM

Sounds about right, but did you make them aware of your intentions on having a tank fitted as some won't insure 

P4dstar
Just now, Iron Giant said:

Sounds about right, but did you make them aware of your intentions on having a tank fitted as some won't insure 

Now who's not reading properly.... You appear to have missed the bit about 10 barrels and a backpack. I think you woke up too early today 😂😂

Iron Giant
Just now, P4dstar said:

Now who's not reading properly.... You appear to have missed the bit about 10 barrels and a backpack. I think you woke up too early today 😂😂

Ha ha, yes but in his other post he is talking about a tank, better to go with an insurer that is happy with a water tank been fitted in the future than go for a cheap online quote and then find in a few months or so you need to change insurer and potentially get charged for cancelling the policy, who's not paying attention now 😁

P4dstar
28 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Ha ha, yes but in his other post he is talking about a tank, better to go with an insurer that is happy with a water tank been fitted in the future than go for a cheap online quote and then find in a few months or so you need to change insurer and potentially get charged for cancelling the policy, who's not paying attention now 😁

Didn't see that but to be fair it wouldn't be much to cancel a £200 policy 😂

HWCS

Told them about a 400ltr tank, and they said it wouldnt change policy & i dont have any no claims even from a car

Pjj
5 hours ago, P4dstar said:

Before you settle on zero no claims, most companies (70% I was told) allow you to transfer your no claims across from the car. If you're not planning to drive a car as well for the next few years I wouldn't waste it mate.

I think you will find you can use no claims from a commercial vehicle on a car but not the other way round , that’s what I found years ago .

Dave B
5 hours ago, Pjj said:

I think you will find you can use no claims from a commercial vehicle on a car but not the other way round , that’s what I found years ago .

I've swapped between cars and vans loads over the years and always kept my full no claims.. never been an issue

I have always had business cover though even on cars so don't know if that makes a difference 

P4dstar
18 hours ago, Pjj said:

I used a price comparison site, the third company on the list were happy to take my NCB across. It wasn't the cheapest as a result of course but much cheaper than zero no claims. Especially with 3 accidents and an SP30 (speeding) offence.

HWCS

New era tomorrow, 6 months cleaning Trad and tomorrow i go mixed

Trad/WFP.

My goals

To have my water system set up by January 2020.

Van converted to a tank set up by March 2020

All my customers converted to WFP by May 2020 (all new customers now will be WFP)

My customer base to increase from 170ish to 250 by June 2020 and 300 by January 2021

By 2021, a bigger and newer van

20191105_162354.jpg

Edited by HWCS

Pjj
19 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Trad/WFP.

My goals

All my customers converted to WFP by May 2020 (all new customers now will be WFP)

My customer base to increase from 170ish to 250 by June 2020 and 300 by January 2021

20191105_162354.jpg

Well done looking good 👍

HWCS
On 28/10/2019 at 19:42, Part Timer said:

Turned them round just for you 😉

dmw
29 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Trad/WFP.

My goals

20191105_162354.jpg

I just changed from traditional to wfp overnight and didn't tell my customers lost an handful out of 300 and never looked back, you'll be counting down the days until you get your tank fitted.

Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it.

francie

@HWCS

Good on you mate an fairplay. 

What's your insurers name buddy? 

Part Timer

Did the lemon soaked sponge work 🤔

Edited by Part Timer

HWCS
5 minutes ago, francie said:

@HWCS

Good on you mate an fairplay. 

What's your insurers name buddy? 

Insurance!!!!!!

Just kidding

Van is with premier through vanline direct

Business is with simply business

1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

Did the lemon work 🤔

Not tried it yet but FOOOOOOOOK ME it dont half pong , i picked it up sunday at 10am, done a 100 mile round trip and had a sore throat since, and he had it valleted by the polskis

HWCS
25 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

@HWCS looking good, is there as much space as you thought?

Yeah plenty tbf

HWCS

What a blimding day.

Went out today for first time trad/wfp heres how it went. Today i had 11 jobs scheduled in for £199.00 Normally a 8am-5pm day as 3 houses are a nut ache.

Job 1 3bed semi cottage wfp top trad bottom - after wfping top trad seemed to take an age, but fk it i said id trad bottoms

Job 2 3bed semi cottage next door customer "you can do all mine wfp Jon, we had that in our last place" didnt need asking twice banged it out in 15mins normally a 45min job

Job 3 big gaff (pics attatched) with a small granny annexe, woman HATES wfp with a passion, she wasnt home, WPd the whole place it 30minutes normally a 90min job, shes phoned me to tell me how good the windows look and nearly puked when i told her theyd been wfp'd, but shes happy to continue

Job 4 holiday let, nobody home, bashed it all WFP in 12/15mins

Job 5 stood in dog sh1t twice and dragged hose through it 😡😡😡😡

Job 6 a first clean dipped brush in fairy/water mix to scrub windows then rinsed, then cleaned and rinsed again

Job 7, little old lady 90yo, couldnt clean and wont clean again, carer told me shes dying and will 99.9% not make XMAS, i actually shed a tear pulling off her drive she has nobody left and nothing to carry on for after her son died 3months ago.

Jobs 8,9,10,11 WFP 3 houses and a bungalow Also did an extra job and 2 quotes on way home as i had a ton of time

Today i started at 9 and was home at 2 shaving 4hrs off the trad cleaning time of my round today by doing WFP and nobody batted an eyelid.

Used 175 lt of pure as all jobs bar 1 ive been doing trad and im pretty anal when it comes to cleaning frames when up a ladder so none where bad.

20191106_145034.jpg

20191106_145054.jpg