Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sign Cleaning Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello lads!

Been asked to clean this sign. I was planing once WFP it with a flocked brush. It’s just to get the dirt off, the guy isn’t expecting miracles or anything. He actually said they had had it pressure washed before. The dirt inside the letters have been discussed and aren’t being dealt with. I don’t use chemicals and so I’m just wondering if anyone has any pointers with it. I’m just planning in scrubbing until it’s clean, lol! So yeah just anything I should watch out for. I’ll do the windows below once I’m finished. 

Thank you all!

655692C8-FB24-4B2F-B959-DBCE4B18CFFD.jpeg1AB6D9BF-C808-4080-8FFA-2F9DC353DC85.jpegB187D593-96C4-49C5-92E0-82B99180B57F.jpeg2C63A764-5F6C-4227-A05B-31BAE184D1AD.jpeg

We would spray it with Virosol then wfp with hot water , if you don't have anything like Virosol bit of flash in a bucket dip the brush in it Ant apply it that way give a good scrubb and then rinse , it should come up like new , subsequent cleans will be a doddle . We do a post office / londis each month like this .

Last edited by a moderator:
We would spray it with Virosol then wfp with hot water , if you don't have anything like Virosol bit of flash in a bucket dip the brush in it Ant apply it that way give a good scrubb and then rinse , it should come up like new , subsequent cleans will be a doddle . We do a post office / londis each month like this .
Thanks mate. Sorry for late reply. Would you recommend wetting the sign first or just go scrub the flash straight on?

I'll give you a gallon of no nonsense degreaser for free Alex. I bought a few dozen when it was on special offer at Screwfix for £6 a gallon.
Ahh that’s cracking mate but I’ll pay you for it. To be honest, though, I’ve never had to use chemicals so a bit nervous getting into them and I’m paranoid I’ll go destroying a pane of glass or something! 

(Actually I did use a limescale remover on one job). 

Ahh that’s cracking mate but I’ll pay you for it. To be honest, though, I’ve never had to use chemicals so a bit nervous getting into them and I’m paranoid I’ll go destroying a pane of glass or something! 

(Actually I did use a limescale remover on one job). 

Just use an old brush head or you will smear the glass, hotwater is good also. I used a back pack with hotwater and a dash of degreaser.

Just use an old brush head or you will smear the glass, hotwater is good also. I used a back pack with hotwater and a dash of degreaser.
I actually used this the other day on the glass. It had marks on difficult to get off, I wet the glass first quick clean with degreaser splash, it came up brilliant, rinsed well obviously. Dried well leaving no marks. It’s good stuff

Latest Posts

Back