Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole connectors

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chrissyman

Hope someone can help.  About to order a slx gardiners pole for softwashing and cleaning fascia etc.  Just wondering if anyone knows the best connectors for it from the gardiners window cleaning page.  Sill brush for the fascias?  Angle adaptors needed?  Anything else needed.

Think it,ll initially be used with the gardiners backpack.  Is it a case of getting a male fitting for one and female fitting for the other.  As in male fitting for the pole to the female fitting for the backpack.  Cheers in advance.  

I literally just came off the phone with Gardiners sales lady Emma, cant speak highly enough of her.

I sought advice for similar to you and shes sorted me right out, my advice give Emma a ring

I literally just came off the phone with Gardiners sales lady Emma, cant speak highly enough of her.

I sought advice for similar to you and shes sorted me right out, my advice give Emma a ring

Cheers for reply mate.  Think i,ll take your advice and make the call monday try get sorted out.  

if you are using the backpack for just soft washing and facias etc then you'll need to be looking at plastic fittings like the one from wcw slick connect I think they are called?, personally I use rectus fittings but I look after them as soft washing will corrode the metal fittings-  plastic ones last a bit longer but will become brittle in time.

buy a longer pole hose than you would normally need as it saves time moving the backpack and you can keep the backpack in a safe place should a leak  happen- been their done that

if you are using the backpack for just soft washing and facias etc then you'll need to be looking at plastic fittings like the one from wcw slick connect I think they are called?, personally I use rectus fittings but I look after them as soft washing will corrode the metal fittings-  plastic ones last a bit longer but will become brittle in time.

buy a longer pole hose than you would normally need as it saves time moving the backpack and you can keep the backpack in a safe place should a leak  happen- been their done that
Interested in the thinking behind the metal connections becoming corroded? I ask as I always flush out my backpack after any chemical has been in there to save the seals. I imagine the seal would wear down far faster than a metal connection. If it was used in this way daily however thats a different matter.

Interested in the thinking behind the metal connections becoming corroded? I ask as I always flush out my backpack after any chemical has been in there to save the seals. I imagine the seal would wear down far faster than a metal connection. If it was used in this way daily however thats a different matter.

I find a Gardiners back pack lasts us around 3 years before it starts to play up we use loads of hypo and the last one I decided to take the pump to bits the diaphragm was fine still flexible and no sight of any damage from 3 years use with hypo , we do flush it through after each use though , I find once the back pack starts playing up I just replace it , it starts running the pump and keeps stopping and then starting again , I don’t have  time for unreliable kit so after 3 years just buy a new one they are cheap as chips it’s more than paid for after the first job , ideal for ones that want to apply chemicals with out spending to much money , we currently have 4 back packs and I would recommend them to anyone , using hypo will probably void the warranty but provided you wash it out it will be fine from my experience with them .

I find a Gardiners back pack lasts us around 3 years before it starts to play up we use loads of hypo and the last one I decided to take the pump to bits the diaphragm was fine still flexible and no sight of any damage from 3 years use with hypo , we do flush it through after each use though , I find once the back pack starts playing up I just replace it , it starts running the pump and keeps stopping and then starting again , I don’t have  time for unreliable kit so after 3 years just buy a new one they are cheap as chips it’s more than paid for after the first job , ideal for ones that want to apply chemicals with out spending to much money , we currently have 4 back packs and I would recommend them to anyone , using hypo will probably void the warranty but provided you wash it out it will be fine from my experience with them .
I agree with you paul, with regards to back packs they last a long while so, when they go wrong or give problems it is a bin and replace policy in relation to the money earned you could class the backpack as a small comsumeable, fittings wise I do like the rectus as for me its more reliable and leak proof if you look after them @padman if I could answer the question you were asking in a previous post, hypo etc or even tfr will remove the lubricant from any fitting you have, hence you should lubricate the rectus fitting to stop it from working.

the suppliers of these fittings won't tell you this as its been known for many a year on how to keep the rectus fittings fit for use

I agree with you paul, with regards to back packs they last a long while so, when they go wrong or give problems it is a bin and replace policy in relation to the money earned you could class the backpack as a small comsumeable, fittings wise I do like the rectus as for me its more reliable and leak proof if you look after them @padman if I could answer the question you were asking in a previous post, hypo etc or even tfr will remove the lubricant from any fitting you have, hence you should lubricate the rectus fitting to stop it from working.

the suppliers of these fittings won't tell you this as its been known for many a year on how to keep the rectus fittings fit for use

I agree with you we use rectus 21 and clean them well after use and spray with wd40 but find they don’t last long , they either seize open and you struggle tk turn off the supply from the tank or they seize shut and you cannot get the male fitting in , I just now stick £10 on each job we do to cover replacements and keep a stock of 20+ of them and just change then as and when , I also find they don’t last long just using hot pure water sometimes they only last a couple of weeks , they are genuine ones not cheap Chinese copy’s , I think there is a big gap in the market for a decent fitting the same size as a rectus 21 that will go up inside a wfp , the exceed plastic thing the name escapes me at the moment is just to big and bulky . 

I agree with you we use rectus 21 and clean them well after use and spray with wd40 but find they don’t last long , they either seize open and you struggle tk turn off the supply from the tank or they seize shut and you cannot get the male fitting in , I just now stick £10 on each job we do to cover replacements and keep a stock of 20+ of them and just change then as and when , I also find they don’t last long just using hot pure water sometimes they only last a couple of weeks , they are genuine ones not cheap Chinese copy’s , I think there is a big gap in the market for a decent fitting the same size as a rectus 21 that will go up inside a wfp , the exceed plastic thing the name escapes me at the moment is just to big and bulky . 
the thing is with wd40, for the best part its a parts cleaner so will wash whats left of any lubricant it has within the fitting hence, they don't last long.

silicone grease coupled with a cotton bud to get to where it needs to lubricate will work wonders, hot water use will remove any lubricant quicker so, the maintainance needs to be stepped up a bit a hose reel rectus fitting will last me 18 months no problem before it literally drops to bits 

the thing is with wd40, for the best part its a parts cleaner so will wash whats left of any lubricant it has within the fitting hence, they don't last long.

silicone grease coupled with a cotton bud to get to where it needs to lubricate will work wonders, hot water use will remove any lubricant quicker so, the maintainance needs to be stepped up a bit a hose reel rectus fitting will last me 18 months no problem before it literally drops to bits 

So do you just stick the silicone grease inside the fitting where the little ball baring things are ????  

Thats a good point. I personally find mine fall to pieces long before this though just from being dragged around ? The only exception for me is the fittings between the pole hose and 6mm microbore, I have that constantly connected and protected with some gaffer tape. At the very end of the pole hose there is another rectus connection for my tubeless set up, that gets battered ?

Back