Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VW Caddy van and system for sale.

Thecleanmachine

Up for sale is my window cleaning van as a change of career forces sale.

Located near Andover, Hampshire. 

I have already sold all the window work I have so I'm only using the van now as a daily driver, the mileage should go up but only very slightly.

The van has covered 93k miles, only 3k since the last MOT as all my work was very local.

The van itself drives great, I have changed the oil in June this year and one bank of injectors were changed last year in oct due to a fuel leak. This cost nearly £1000. The previous owner has replaced the clutch and the timing belt in may 2018 and the other bank of injectors. It has Heko wind deflectors installed and a TVG rear external lock and key. Air con blows nice and cold. It does'nt have much paperwork with it unfortunately as the previous owner did not collect it when he bought it at auction from British gas... It does have a spare key though and the leather wallet with instructions in.

The van does not need anything, the windscreen is perfect, the wipers are new and the tyres including the full sized spare have plenty of tread. The only thing that lets it down is that the drivers seat is a bit grubby and there are a few marks here and there on the outside however the pictures show the worst of it and its still very presentable. There is a warning light on the dash for lights as I have put LED lights for the registration lights, I have the originals to change them back though.

There is a slight fault with the gearbox, it will not go into first gear while moving without a little crunch. I knew this when I bought the van 2 years ago, and after dropping the gearbox oil and finding nothing I refilled it and decided to drive it as it was. Its lasting this far without getting any worse or better and as gearboxes for this model are around £300 second hand I was going to wait for it to get worse before changing. Like I said it is fine as it is and I will demonstrate the fault to any buyer, it only happens into first and only if you are moving. It never crunches for me driving as I have a lot of mechanical sympathy for the gearbox.

A friend of mine who works for Quaife has told me that the syncro is done for. He has told me it wont get any worse as long as you don't crunch the gears however needs a replacement gearbox. A quick search on ebay puts them anywhere between £200-500 plus labour so the price has been changed accordingly and I will be happy to negotiate with anyone who comes to view the van.

The water system was £3000 and was installed June last year by Bladeright cleaning supplies in Taunton. Lee is a great guy who knows what he is doing and is really passionate when it comes to cleaning systems and is always on hand for support to do with the system in the back and stocks all the parts to replace things such as filters or resin at great prices.

The system is a 400 litre tank, single Axeon low pressure membrane, two pre-filters (one sediment and one carbon) and a tank of resin which has recently been changed and will come with a nearly full bag of Tulsion MB115 which should last a while.

This is a one man system, with controller. No pole as I have sold that seperately however it comes with pump and 100 metres of 8mm reinforced hose in great condition mounted on a hose reel which is bolted down in the back to make it easier to wind up.

Included is a set of Rhino roof clamps which fit nicely on the Ulti roof bars I have installed.

The van is currently signwritten, all you need to add is a phone number and email address and you are good to go, alternatively I can remove any of the signwriting that you don't want easily.

All in all this is a great van, the facelift Ex-British gas Caddys always sell quickly as they are well maintained and look better than a plain white van, this van has served me very well and will be sad to see it go, the MOT is quite short on it (07-JAN) however there was only one advisory last year for one of the rear bushes (which I personally think was a bit picky) and i'm sure it will sail through it with no advisories next year.

Looking for £5250

Any inspection welcome. If you want to talk on the phone, send me a message and I will give my number. You will not be disappointed with this van and its ready to get to work immediately.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123907618058
IMAG2121.jpg

IMAG2120.jpg

IMAG2123.jpg

IMAG2118.jpg

IMAG2127.jpg

IMAG2125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back