Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional gutter clearing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark2788

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on traditional gutter clearing, I usually use ladder and clear it bit by bit but wondering if I could use the pole I use with excelerator and have a gutter attachment, might just be quicker and safer? Any help would be appreciated 

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on traditional gutter clearing, I usually use ladder and clear it bit by bit but wondering if I could use the pole I use with excelerator and have a gutter attachment, might just be quicker and safer? Any help would be appreciated 
Yes mate get the gutter pro fittings and a Harris pole and you can near get one side of a semi in one go. 

Yes mate get the gutter pro fittings and a Harris pole and you can near get one side of a semi in one go. 
Would that be from the floor? I've got the moerman angle adapter so thinking they'd fit on there and angle it so I could clear to one end and only go up the ladder once? 

Only safe way is from the ground with a gutter vac mate
Thanks, yh true but atm don't want to spend the money on one when I'm not doing many, one day I'm possibly 

If using a ladder, would highly recommend you have a mate footing it.

I used to use a set of drain rods till i came across the pro gutter tool. In the end i made one out of plywood and screwed it onto an extending painting pole. Means i can clear 8 feet each side of ladder and only have to site ladder twice. Might patent my design because all my customers are fasinated with it.

I used to use a set of drain rods till i came across the pro gutter tool. In the end i made one out of plywood and screwed it onto an extending painting pole. Means i can clear 8 feet each side of ladder and only have to site ladder twice. Might patent my design because all my customers are fasinated with it.
I used to use drain rods as well does an alright job to be fair but they bend a lot so got a harris pole and gutter tools in the end. Much more rigid

I used to use drain rods as well does an alright job to be fair but they bend a lot so got a harris pole and gutter tools in the end. Much more rigid

Same here, gutter tool only seems to clear one side. I ended up designing my own. Might have a go at designing a proper one today with all my 9mm plywood cuttings. Me being a joiner, it makes sense to design my own. If it breaks i just make another one. ?

Same here, gutter tool only seems to clear one side. I ended up designing my own. Might have a go at designing a proper one today with all my 9mm plywood cuttings. Me being a joiner, it makes sense to design my own. If it breaks i just make another one. ?
You do one side with the gutter pro then unscrew it and turn it around the other way for the other side..  

Why only one side, all you have to do is take it off and turn it around to do the other side 

Back