Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which Battery charger

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash87

Could someone recommend the right charger i would need for my battery im going to buy a C-TEK or simialir but the CTEK seem to vary in price so just want to make sure i buy the most cost effective one .

TIA 

Ash

Hi Guys, I'm a little clueless when it comes to battery chargers, was looking at the ctek one, but not sure how I would wire it up? 

Could it be connected to my current connections which also have my pump, reel and controller wired in? Would it blow them when I charge the battery or would I have to disconnect the pump, reel and controller connections? Any help would be appreciated, TIA, Dale

Charger size depends on what capacity battery bank you have. The cTek site is very informative for getting the appropriate info. Connection wise - straight on to the battery, they come with various leads including ones with ring terminals and crock clips. The crock clips are a waste of time as they will vibrate loose as you drive. If you have two or more batteries they recommend you put the charger terminals on each battery for even charging - so a positive lead onto one battery and a negative lead onto the other (if you have two). All of the equipment connected to the battery should all be protected with fuses and - generally - isolation switches, so will have no affect on your additional equipment. 

Back