Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed for a few points

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maxxiclean

Hi im new to pressure washing im just starting up for mainly driveways.plan to be set up for early spring next year.Bought a honda gx390 2500psi 21ltr pm machine with 21" and 24" surface cleaners.have the fan lance and turbo lance.bought this from spinaclean(probably paid more than i could have).anyway ive done a few drives as practise work.gonna do a lot of research/practise before i get going for real.anyway for the few drives i have done my process was to use zep driveway cleaner then use surface cleaner,rinse then do edges and turbo nozzle whole area to make sure nothing was missed.after doing more learning my process is now going to be spray with fungicide before using sc to do the same process as before then after the process described before use hypo let sit for a half hour then rinse away.my question is does this sound like a gpod process or can anyone advise me to do it differently.also will it be ok to use the chemical injectors for the fungacide and hypo.thanks in advance

Maxxiclean said:
Hi im new to pressure washing im just starting up for mainly driveways.plan to be set up for early spring next year.Bought a honda gx390 2500psi 21ltr pm machine with 21" and 24" surface cleaners.have the fan lance and turbo lance.bought this from spinaclean(probably paid more than i could have).anyway ive done a few drives as practise work.gonna do a lot of research/practise before i get going for real.anyway for the few drives i have done my process was to use zep driveway cleaner then use surface cleaner,rinse then do edges and turbo nozzle whole area to make sure nothing was missed.after doing more learning my process is now going to be spray with fungicide before using sc to do the same process as before then after the process described before use hypo let sit for a half hour then rinse away.my question is does this sound like a gpod process or can anyone advise me to do it differently.also will it be ok to use the chemical injectors for the fungacide and hypo.thanks in advance

This before and after of my first practise job using the zep.

Screenshot_20191111-185732.png

Screenshot_20191111-185655.png

Screenshot_20191111-185643.png

Screenshot_20191111-185711.png

Screenshot_20191111-185649.png

Screenshot_20191111-185637.png

Screenshot_20191111-185739.png

Also is 2.50 sq mtr for wash only 3.50 sq mtr for wash and sand and 7.50 sq mtr wash sand and seal for the first 60 sq mtr then after that 2 for wash 3 for wash sand and 7 for wash sand seal fair pricing ?

Looks like you have done a good job , we would wet the whole area down then apply a 4-1 hypo mix leave for 30-40 muinits then fax and do edges with turbo or vario nozzle , others will just wash then apply hypo and rinse , I have done both ways and feel it’s quicker to hypo first then as you are cleaning you are also getting rid of the hypo , I sure others will have different ways I don’t think there is a right or wrong way of doing it , one bit of advice avoid sealing drives at all cost right pain and lots of costly potential problems , hope it goes ok , from your pictures I don’t think you will have any problems 

Looks like you have done a good job , we would wet the whole area down then apply a 4-1 hypo mix leave for 30-40 muinits then fax and do edges with turbo or vario nozzle , others will just wash then apply hypo and rinse , I have done both ways and feel it’s quicker to hypo first then as you are cleaning you are also getting rid of the hypo , I sure others will have different ways I don’t think there is a right or wrong way of doing it , one bit of advice avoid sealing drives at all cost right pain and lots of costly potential problems , hope it goes ok , from your pictures I don’t think you will have any problems 
Yes i suppose its just a prefered way of doing it.thanks for your reply and advice its very much appreciated.how do you apply the hypo ? Using a sprayer ? I am reading that it wouldn't be a good idea to do it through a chemical injector as it may lead to problems with the equipment.

Yes i suppose its just a prefered way of doing it.thanks for your reply and advice its very much appreciated.how do you apply the hypo ? Using a sprayer ? I am reading that it wouldn't be a good idea to do it through a chemical injector as it may lead to problems with the equipment.

we use a Gardiner back pack , or a watering can 

Thank you.one more question do you think that the prices 2.50 wash 3.50 wash sand 7.50 wash sand seal are fair upto 60m then 2 3 7 ?thanks in advance.

I personally wouldn’t drop the price , i always measure up and work out sm2 and see what that comes to , then think how long it will take to do and work that out to my hourly rate , which ever is the dearest I run with that , you have to take a lot into account when pricing a job , drainage , water supply , time , what are you cleaning, what’s it dirty with , access egress , parking , what chemicals are you going to use , petrol and maintenance for the washer , and a host of other things , as I said earlier we don’t and won’t seal drives absolute nightmare never worth the hassle. 

I have a minimum set up fee of £150 prices start from that Evan if it’s 1sm2 it’s not worth putting all the kit in the van for anything less otherwise you get people saying it’s only a path 10x1 and they expect you to do it for £30 ime not interested in that type of work , we would do it but it will be £150 

I personally wouldn’t drop the price , i always measure up and work out sm2 and see what that comes to , then think how long it will take to do and work that out to my hourly rate , which ever is the dearest I run with that , you have to take a lot into account when pricing a job , drainage , water supply , time , what are you cleaning, what’s it dirty with , access egress , parking , what chemicals are you going to use , petrol and maintenance for the washer , and a host of other things , as I said earlier we don’t and won’t seal drives absolute nightmare never worth the hassle. 
Thanks again for your reply with advice been helpful to me ? i will continue to put in the research/practise before i swt up for real and I should be fine 

Back