Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

univalve fitting ,

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

when fitting univalves I usually clamp a O ring on hose  going into brush  to stop  pressure on the  pole hose going into Tpiece .      fitted just above gooseneck hole  where hose goes, ill take a pic tomorrow.        Any one else do anything like this or different methods

That's what I do as well. Tried zip ties as someone else used it, but it didn't work for me.

One concern I have it the o ring digging into the plastic after a while.

This is what I do. It works well with PU hose, but I can't say how good it would be with PVC hose.

I cut the pieces from plastic plumbing pipe and as I use 8mm PU pole hose I drill them with a 7mm drill. Once pushed on the hose and pulled to the right position they don't slip and are reusable. I always keep a couple of spares in case they split which has happened but it's rare.

hose stay_02.jpg

hose stay_04.jpg

some stay put, but this one keeps moving after a  few hours ,  tighten too tight it will slow water flow.   it puts extra pressure on the T piece  on the hose, all the pulling  can fek them up. need to get a few more, and hose  from univalve to t piece,

This is what I do. It works well with PU hose, but I can't say how good it would be with PVC hose.

I cut the pieces from plastic plumbing pipe and as I use 8mm PU pole hose I drill them with a 7mm drill. Once pushed on the hose and pulled to the right position they don't slip and are reusable. I always keep a couple of spares in case they split which has happened but it's rare.

View attachment 18361

View attachment 18362

I copied your idea and works well with cold, not sure how it will work now I've changed to hot.

some stay put, but this one keeps moving after a  few hours ,  tighten too tight it will slow water flow.   it puts extra pressure on the T piece  on the hose, all the pulling  can fek them up. need to get a few more, and hose  from univalve to t piece,

Wrap some insulation tape around the PU hose after the square white stopper. ?

I've used 45° water for a couple of months in winter for years and they haven't slipped on my kit since I've been using them. I originally used the ones from Exceed Innovations but I found that they did slip even with cold water. So I made my own. Mine only slip when they split which is rare as I said, maybe twice a year at most

Fitting the uni-valve now with PU hose, I don't use any metal rings, not sure if it works for hot water.

I've not used 'o' clamps to secure PU hose to my univalves for a couple of years now and never had a problem with water at 45°. Can't say what would happen with hotter water, but I do know that it doesn't help much to pour boiling water over the hose when trying to remove it from the univalve for maintenance. I normally have to cut the hose off. So I recon it would work with hotter water when cleaning

As I said on the other similar post this is what we do , the two ear clamps are cheap mild steel and can easily be cut off with side cutters , we don’t use univalves but dk use tubless and this stops the hose from coming out of the bottom of the pole 

7EA539F8-61D2-4013-8C26-817EB24845C5.jpeg

As I said on the other similar post this is what we do , the two ear clamps are cheap mild steel and can easily be cut off with side cutters , we don’t use univalves but dk use tubless and this stops the hose from coming out of the bottom of the pole 

View attachment 18363
I do the same works great. 
bit battered up brush that?, not gardiners either??

Just converted mine using  small jubilee clips. Less sharpe than o rings, and easily removable ?‍?
Ah, nice one Steve. I've used the double eared O rings , the zip ties (they slide forward over time) and can be a bit of a pain to slide back away from the john guest fitting when you want to change a brush head and your hands are frozen and wet. 

Will give the jubilee clips a try. ?

Marko067's idea with the trimmed down pipe will be my next option if this doesn't quite work. Cheers lads.?

Just converted mine using  small jubilee clips. Less sharpe than o rings, and easily removable ?‍?
Thought I would ask you Steve Garwood, what's your old Millwall boss like.... Neil Harris has just been appointed as the new manager of Cardiff City.  He's signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock of course ?

Steve   where does the jubilee clip go,      send in a pic,      let us drool over    lol

im going to stick app on phone, easier to put pics up,  usually on comp.

Thought I would ask you Steve Garwood, what's your old Millwall boss like.... Neil Harris has just been appointed as the new manager of Cardiff City.  He's signed until the summer of 2022 and replaces Neil Warnock of course ?
Harris is a legend. Gutted he’s gone. Hope he does well in the future 

Back