Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Marks on windows that I can’t remove!

Hi guys,

It’s not very clear in the pic but there’s quite a lot of long and short streaks that just won’t go! ??? It doesn’t look as bad in the pic. I noticed it last month, which was the 2nd clean on a new build property. I’ve scrubbed and scrubbed at it and even tried the traditional method with a squeegee, the marks aren’t going! 

Does anyone know what these marks could be? Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know how I can remove them? 

I’m not sure if it was me that caused them or not. ? 

Another one of the houses on that street has a few little marks similar to them, they aren’t sticker marks, they are like streaks, never seen anything like it! 

But I’ve never had this problem with any other house I’ve cleaned in 10 months. 

Any advise would be appreciated ?

Many thanks, Luke. 

8438136A-6DAB-4912-AB58-E1BD25E2CF42.png

Hi guys,

It’s not very clear in the pic but there’s quite a lot of long and short streaks that just won’t go! ??? It doesn’t look as bad in the pic. I noticed it last month, which was the 2nd clean on a new build property. I’ve scrubbed and scrubbed at it and even tried the traditional method with a squeegee, the marks aren’t going! 

Does anyone know what these marks could be? Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know how I can remove them? 

I’m not sure if it was me that caused them or not. ? 

Another one of the houses on that street has a few little marks similar to them, they aren’t sticker marks, they are like streaks, never seen anything like it! 

But I’ve never had this problem with any other house I’ve cleaned in 10 months. 

Any advise would be appreciated ?

Many thanks, Luke. 

View attachment 18368
Can you feel the streak when you run your finger over it? If not it may be internal or even inbetween the pains. 

Have you tried a limescale remover? If its a new build it could be mortar stains down the glass and the cement has burned into it.
No I haven’t but I’ll give it a try next time I’m there. Cheers mate ?

Can you feel the streak when you run your finger over it? If not it may be internal or even inbetween the pains. 
Yes you can it like smudges, but then goes back to what it was... 

Going by the cement stain on the frame then I think its cement splashes which were never removed. Your cleaning has removed the surface bits and the  cement is incredibly alkaline, with a pH of 12 to 13 which will burn into the glass. Most times the damage is already done because its not washed off right away. fwiw

Titan Cement Off if it is cement or Titan Oil Flo141 if it is silicone.
Hi Martyn. I never used any detergents to remove them marks because I lost that customer. (Probably because of the marks, but she never said that..) I’ve picked up other new builds on that street and pretty much all of them have them marks on the patio windows..

I’m going to have to buy some detergents, I was just wondering what the best method of applying them is? 

Do you squirt it on the windows, let it sink in, then clean them like normal? 

This new build site doesn’t get any professional 1st cleans like others do. For the ones that do have 1st cleans, do they usually apply the detergents to remove any stains? ?

As long as they are not too deep a bit of unger rub out and some elbow grease should polish them out? 
I’m not sure if they’re deep stains... I could try that under rub out though, what’s the best way of applying it please? 

Hi Martyn. I never used any detergents to remove them marks because I lost that customer. (Probably because of the marks, but she never said that..) I’ve picked up other new builds on that street and pretty much all of them have them marks on the patio windows..

I’m going to have to buy some detergents, I was just wondering what the best method of applying them is? 

Do you squirt it on the windows, let it sink in, then clean them like normal? 

This new build site doesn’t get any professional 1st cleans like others do. For the ones that do have 1st cleans, do they usually apply the detergents to remove any stains? ?

I’m not sure if they’re deep stains... I could try that under rub out though, what’s the best way of applying it please? 
I find the little foam scouring blocks you use in the kitchen to work well.

Back