Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting on 2nd and 3rd cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick772

Ive recently switched to wfp from trad cleaning after the 1st cleans i got some spotting which i was expecting but im still getting it on 2nd and 3rd cleans im only doing the glass at mo and not the frames and think im rinsing well 

Any help pls

If you aren't touching the frames you will continue to get spotting as no doubt you are causing dirt to run of the frames and onto the glass thus causing spotting, a wfp window clean should consist of a full and thorough clean of all frames, glass, sills and door's 

Spend a bit more time cleaning the frames 1st. Clean the frames all over 1st then move onto the next window and again clean all the frames 1st the move back to the 1st window and clean the glass and rinse well and do the same on the next and so on with the bottoms too. Spending a bit longer on a 1st clean will save you alot of time on the next clean. Make sure your water is 0000ppm to.

You'll need to clean it all, think of it as steralizing the surroundings. One splash up against the dirty framework and you could get runs.

Your zero parts per million (pure water) water at the very minimum will turn into 20/30 or above ppm water on that glass therefore causing spotting

If you aren't touching the frames you will continue to get spotting as no doubt you are causing dirt to run of the frames and onto the glass thus causing spotting, a wfp window clean should consist of a full and thorough clean of all frames, glass, sills and door's 
Thanks for that make sense now 

You'll need to clean it all, think of it as steralizing the surroundings. One splash up against the dirty framework and you could get runs.

Your zero parts per million (pure water) water at the very minimum will turn into 20/30 or above ppm water on that glass therefore causing spotting
Thanks for that

I was told that Pure Water will grab the dirt from anything it touches. Its a natural thing when oneside is dirty and the other side is pure then they want to meet each other. Thats why the pure draws the soap out of the rubber seals for a few months. fwiw

If your not doing the top frames then I would expect more runs than spots. Spotting usually occurs when youve not rinsed enough to dilute the water left on the window. 

Back