Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing any good?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, just wondering how much success any of you lot have had with knocking doors especially this time of year. Cheers all 
Alright mate,

Yeah get out and start chapping. I tend to do it until about 7pm. Its dark at 4pm anyway so it's not like you cant go when its dark. Be polite, brief and to the point. Get ready for a lot of no's, but you will get folk if you chap enough. 

Knocking is quicker to gain clients than leaflets. I've not done any knocking for months but when i did i was picking up 1 or 2 a day most days - and that was slowly working my way round dragging the trolley with me. Many windys just go round knocking and taking bookings then returning another day. With that said i also had a few where i'd get none and that's a crusher mentally.

But leaflets do work, i've had calls months after dropping a leaflet - some of the leaflets manage to work their way to people the other side of town too lol - had two or three call me from a leaflet they got from a friend / relatives house. I'll admit i was totally shocked at the first call i had 3 months after dropping a leaflet - never expected that but it does happen.

Even if you knock on doors all day and get 1 customer, in time that 1 can turn in to 2,3,4+ customers through word of mouth and people seeing you work. As mentioned above, you have to be prepared for lots of no’s and sometimes a whole canvass session with no takers. If people aren’t in then just pop a card/leaflet through the door.

I tend to stick to saturday day times now for my canvassing, people seem happier to chat instead of when its darker and they dont know who you are. Also locally people are getting hammered by every government party so getting the hump with it. I have a much greater success on weekends between 11am-3pm so I'd rather just smash it out then 

Back