Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Patio tiles grout

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shammy Davis Senior

What do you do with washed away patio tile grout? I don’t want to get into building work. My inclination is just to warn the customers that this may happen and say we don’t repair.

happy to resand btw, but replacing mortar isn’t in my plans.

Shammy - I also warn them that patches with dirt/soil/plants currently in the gaps where mortar should have been will come out and any already missing mortar will become more obvious (so you manage custy's expectation - else they can think you're removed it when cleaning - but it was never there in the first place)

On your travels look out for bricky/paver who does do rejointing - stick his number in your phone - you can then refer them to the custy - means they are more likely to go with you and you might get a kick back from the bricky. I've done that a few times and my chap does a couple jobs /year from it - also handy for when custy's ask if you can relay/raise/repair if you don't fancy it... 

Shammy - I also warn them that patches with dirt/soil/plants currently in the gaps where mortar should have been will come out and any already missing mortar will become more obvious (so you manage custy's expectation - else they can think you're removed it when cleaning - but it was never there in the first place)

On your travels look out for bricky/paver who does do rejointing - stick his number in your phone - you can then refer them to the custy - means they are more likely to go with you and you might get a kick back from the bricky. I've done that a few times and my chap does a couple jobs /year from it - also handy for when custy's ask if you can relay/raise/repair if you don't fancy it... 
Really useful thank you. Got one of my guys to do my patio last week and saw some cement come out but as you say, there was far more missing than appeared to come out and I had assumed that it wasn’t there in the first place. 

Back