Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie residential cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

redublux

Hey guys… thanks in advance to help me out in my personal cleaning experience…

I bought a Karcher pressure washer to clean my house windows (1st & 2nd storey windows)… I followed the steps as per the following link: LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY

Tried various soap mixture.

However, everytime i left the windows to dry by itself, there are watermarks (spots) formed. I read that it is some form of mineral built up from hard water?

Is there any method to not allow these watermarks forming without wiping with squeegee?

The whole reason of me getting the pressure washer was because I do not want to climb up to level 2 anymore.

I’m thinking maybe this topic have been discussed before, but I just can’t seem to locate it. And i’m frustrated at my window. =(

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not going to get your windows drying clean with a pressure washer and normal water i'm afraid. 

You need purified water and you need to use a water fed pole system if you don't want to climb. A pressure washer is just going to blow dirt all over the place and glass.

You need purified water with either di vessels and resin or an r/o system. Normal tap water will leave so many water Marks and windows shouldn't be cleaned that way. Theres so many you tube videos around now to guide you through the process. Jet washing windows with normal tap water is a recipe for disaster 

Hey folks.. thank you so much for the heads up.. I'll read up on purified water..

I was feeding water from the tap.. I thought adding detergent in the mix would solve the issue..

As I have already bought the pressure washer.. any further advise is welcome.. mine has 2 inlet.. 1 for water and the other for detergent/soap..

Hey folks.. thank you so much for the heads up.. I'll read up on purified water..

I was feeding water from the tap.. I thought adding detergent in the mix would solve the issue..

As I have already bought the pressure washer.. any further advise is welcome.. mine has 2 inlet.. 1 for water and the other for detergent/soap..

try googling water fed pole window cleaning systems , as has been said you tube videos about it are easy to follow and will give you some idear how to do the job and what you need then ask quezon hear 

Hey guys.. thank you so much for the input.. i have much to learn if I wanna DIY.. honestly i find it enjoyable because it is not a job.. I also bought the pressure washer to wash my ride.. now I have a better idea on water..

Latest Posts

Back