Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky vac intercepter

Pjj

Premium Member
Hi all does anyone have or used a sky vac intercepter ?? Just interested about how you find it good or bad ?? Thanks in advance 

Hi all does anyone have or used a sky vac intercepter ?? Just interested about how you find it good or bad ?? Thanks in advance 
When I was at their site they had a few waiting to ship them, to the States I think. They looked really good but I seem to recall that the lift, or airflow, wasn't as good as the industrial. How easy they would be to manoeuvre on uneven ground would be interesting. With the genie, vac and trolley all in one it must weigh over 100kgs.

Initially thought I'll buy one of them next time but I'm not so sure now. Let me know how you get on with yours. If any good I might buy one ?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was at their site they had a few waiting to ship them, to the States I think. They looked really good but I seem to recall that the lift, or airflow, wasn't as good as the industrial. How easy they would be to manoeuvre on uneven ground would be interesting. With the genie, vac and trolley all in one it must weigh over 100kgs.

Initially thought I'll buy one of them next time but I'm not so sure now. Let me know how you get on with yours. If any good I might buy one ?

Thsnks for that , talking to Rob he said the industrial will lift 5 kg and the intercepter is 5.2 kG lift the air speed is 8000 ltr per muinit on both he said there is no difference in performance??? The weight of the whole thing is 78 kg , like you I did wonder about moving it around tight places it’s 1.4 m long and 650 mm wide I was a bit conserved with steps ?? Going up and down , with the industrial you can move the vac  and leave the geni in the van and use a lead , but I like the idear of one unit with no cables or genie , not sure what to do , don’t want to buy the wrong thing ?? it also blowes  as well as sucking good for big leaves that could block the vac end . There is an interesting video on spinner cleans site of it in use . 

Last edited by a moderator:
it also blowes  as well as sucking good for big leaves that could block the vac end .
I'd be careful about using the blower on gutter clearing. I did a job with the lad that helps me in Cambridge, we had to clean the skylights of a large building. It paid £750 and we were supposed to use a cherrypicker. First year turned up with said cherrypicker and found it was an absolute nightmare so we climbed out and did it all on the roof, it was a Sunday morning with no one around. We also had all the gutters to clear, that paid £350 and we did the lot in 5 hours. So after paying for the cherrypicker and the lad helping me I made £800 for the job The Company were over the moon with the job we did and gave me the contract to do every year. 

The following year I didn't hire the cherrypicker and the lad who helps me fetched a large leafblower as some of the skylights were covered in leaves. We flew through the skylight clean and then he decided to blow the leaves out of the gutters, as we were already on the roof. We did the whole job in 3 hours and then went and did 2 more gutter jobs. I cleared £1500 for the day and was back at the hotel for 2. Two days later I got a call from the property management company asking if I'd cleared the gutters, I replied yes and would send some before and after photos to prove it. No they said we don't need to see them but can you call in and speak to the owner of one of the properties because he said you've left a mess. No problems I said I'll be there 10 o'clock tomorrow morning.

Turned up and couldn't believe the mess, what hadn't stuck to the side of the building had covered 3 cars, spent the next 4 hours washing the side of his building and cars we'd covered on Sunday. They then found out we were walking on the roof so we don't do that job anymore ?

Back