Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many of You Have More Than 1 Website?

JasonD

Hi all, do any of you have more than 1 website or do you list all of your services on the 1 website? 

An example would be to have a website for window cleaning, 1 for gutter cleaning and 1 for pressure washing.

Hi all, do any of you have more than 1 website or do you list all of your services on the 1 website? 

An example would be to have a website for window cleaning, 1 for gutter cleaning and 1 for pressure washing.

You can different domain names all pointing to the one website. If you want to advertise the services seperately, but to be honest. Its a costly way to go. 

Practicially ìt can be a problem, what do you put on your van, do you change your logoed top for each service. If you dont do those things, you actually loss potential adertising by trying to look like 3 different companys.

Different if you have one guy for each van, doing a different service each. But its more often just add on services.

Always to put across an honest representation of who you are. If your a one man band, sell it like that.

Advertising is not cheap. Its either expensive or time consuming. Either way you pay. My advise, stick to one.

You can brand yourself as an external cleaning company (window cleaning/ pressure washing/ gutter cleaning etc.).

That way if someone sees your van, logo, flyer once. They maybe interested in one or all of your services. You can upsell on your invoices etc.

We have one web site that lists all our services , people seam to find us ok for all if you google gutter clearance we still come up although my website is primarily window cleaning , we don’t need any more work I only keep the website going in the hope of attract large commercial jobs , I don’t need any more houses , and when we do need to replace a few we usual do this by word of mouth . 

You can different domain names all pointing to the one website. If you want to advertise the services seperately, but to be honest. Its a costly way to go. 

Practicially ìt can be a problem, what do you put on your van, do you change your logoed top for each service. If you dont do those things, you actually loss potential adertising by trying to look like 3 different companys.

Different if you have one guy for each van, doing a different service each. But its more often just add on services.

Always to put across an honest representation of who you are. If your a one man band, sell it like that.

Advertising is not cheap. Its either expensive or time consuming. Either way you pay. My advise, stick to one.

You can brand yourself as an external cleaning company (window cleaning/ pressure washing/ gutter cleaning etc.).

That way if someone sees your van, logo, flyer once. They maybe interested in one or all of your services. You can upsell on your invoices etc.

I agree with everything you just said. My problem is my website name is called Wirral Window Cleaning. People searching on Google are only going to associate my business with window cleaning. I'd like to be more of an external cleaning business because after 10 years on the glass i need a change. Pressure washing and soft-washing look appealing to me....

So i was thinking of building another website (s) to draw in more traffic from Google....

My truck has no signage so I am free to choose at the moment....

We have one web site that lists all our services , people seam to find us ok for all if you google gutter clearance we still come up although my website is primarily window cleaning , we don’t need any more work I only keep the website going in the hope of attract large commercial jobs , I don’t need any more houses , and when we do need to replace a few we usual do this by word of mouth . 

I do EXACTLY the same. I keep my window cleaning site up in case of big commercial jobs or large houses. Ideally, I'd like a website drawing in driveway cleaning, patios etc and my window cleaning site just isn't going to compete in that market. 

I agree with everything you just said. My problem is my website name is called Wirral Window Cleaning. People searching on Google are only going to associate my business with window cleaning. I'd like to be more of an external cleaning business because after 10 years on the glass i need a change. Pressure washing and soft-washing look appealing to me....

So i was thinking of building another website (s) to draw in more traffic from Google....

My truck has no signage so I am free to choose at the moment....

I do EXACTLY the same. I keep my window cleaning site up in case of big commercial jobs or large houses. Ideally, I'd like a website drawing in driveway cleaning, patios etc and my window cleaning site just isn't going to compete in that market. 

my website is cornwallwindowcleaners  but if you google pressure washing, gutter vaccing , upvc cleaning etc we still come up ?? Don’t know why , I get loads of enquiry’s for other jobs 

my website is cornwallwindowcleaners  but if you google pressure washing, gutter vaccing , upvc cleaning etc we still come up ?? Don’t know why , I get loads of enquiry’s for other jobs 

I think the amount of competition in your area has a lot to do with it. Were I live is a very competitive area. 

Rebrand to wirral external cleaning services. Keep the window cleaning domain, then by another domain called wirral external cleaning to point to the same site.

Get the van signed with pressure washing and softwashing as the prodominate message.

That way when your window cleaning, the branding 'external cleaning' doesnt look out of place, on your shirts flyers etc.

Anyone asks for window cleaning just tell them your overbooked, and let the fizzel down a bit to focus on the other services.

Rebrand to wirral external cleaning services. Keep the window cleaning domain, then by another domain called wirral external cleaning to point to the same site.

Get the van signed with pressure washing and softwashing as the prodominate message.

That way when your window cleaning, the branding 'external cleaning' doesnt look out of place, on your shirts flyers etc.

Anyone asks for window cleaning just tell them your overbooked, and let the fizzel down a bit to focus on the other services.

thanks for your advice, good call about re-branding. I will at what domains are available. 

thanks for your advice, good call about re-branding. I will at what domains are available. 

They only thing I would also say is. Window cleaning is steady all year round work. I have done gutter cleaning, pvc cleaning, and carpet cleaning. But now I just stick to window cleaning and nothing else. I like that there is work each day for me to do, that I dont have to hunt for it. Its low stress. Especially over winter when no one will be thinking about pressure washing, gutter cleaning or softwashing. 

They only thing I would also say is. Window cleaning is steady all year round work. I have done gutter cleaning, pvc cleaning, and carpet cleaning. But now I just stick to window cleaning and nothing else. I like that there is work each day for me to do, that I dont have to hunt for it. Its low stress. Especially over winter when no one will be thinking about pressure washing, gutter cleaning or softwashing. 

yes I agree about the steady work flow about windows....but you get to a point when you just dont want to clean anymore windows! I also dont want to employ either. I've worked with people in the past and it always turns out badly due to staying off work or not pulling there weight etc.

I've come to a point were i would rather work on my own with 3-4 days per week on the windows. I still have plenty of time to do pressure washing too within the week. This suits me. 

yes I agree about the steady work flow about windows....but you get to a point when you just dont want to clean anymore windows! I also dont want to employ either. I've worked with people in the past and it always turns out badly due to staying off work or not pulling there weight etc.

I've come to a point were i would rather work on my own with 3-4 days per week on the windows. I still have plenty of time to do pressure washing too within the week. This suits me. 
If your going to clean windows 3 4 days a week. You will still be fed up. Plus you will be spending all the money on expensive gear, to only use it a few times a week.

There is a guy local to me who used to do window cleaning, and now does preasure washing and drainage. He seems to stay busy. The drainage side is a bit of a dirty job, coming from a guy thats scooped out gutters by hand that saying something. But he seems to get big bucks for it. So am sure he gets by on the quite spells ok. Just an idea.

I dont like the thought of spending 000's on something thats only going to be used 20% of the time. If your going to make a change, go all in. 

If your going to clean windows 3 4 days a week. You will still be fed up. Plus you will be spending all the money on expensive gear, to only use it a few times a week.

There is a guy local to me who used to do window cleaning, and now does preasure washing and drainage. He seems to stay busy. The drainage side is a bit of a dirty job, coming from a guy thats scooped out gutters by hand that saying something. But he seems to get big bucks for it. So am sure he gets by on the quite spells ok. Just an idea.

I dont like the thought of spending 000's on something thats only going to be used 20% of the time. If your going to make a change, go all in. 

To be honest I would go all in if the work was coming in consistently. I would have a lot of learning to do but that's what makes a job interesting....

This way I can test the waters and see how it goes....

Does the guy near you have a website?

To be honest I would go all in if the work was coming in consistently. I would have a lot of learning to do but that's what makes a job interesting....

This way I can test the waters and see how it goes....

Does the guy near you have a website?
https://ueni.com/en-gb/b/aqua-jetting-drainage#services

Seems to be focusing on the drainage now. Which is suspect is because the pressure washing wasnt keeping him busy enough.

@JasonD take a look at this company.

https://www.scottblast.co.uk/

They started doimg pressure washing on facebook in my town. But you can see from there website how much they have diversified. A good sign they cant stay busy doing just or the other. 

But they have still managed to do quite well.

your such a helpful guy.....thanks. I've been looking at the website and as you say, it looks like they have had to diversify to keep work coming in. That's why I feel pressure washing is a good addon service but difficult to maintain full time work.

JasonD

I've said this to a lot of people before.

Your website needs to show relevant content, pointless offering commercial pressure washing if you don't show your experience/projects.

Here's how I would do it - even better here is how I AM doing it but in reverse. Possibly easier this way.

My works have been solely commercial pressure washing for the last 12 years but I'm creating a residential website.

I'm not a website builder but I do understand the blogging and search term way of repetition to gain Google ranking. If I can do this so can you or anyone else - you don't need to be a tech guru!!

On my commercial website I have only commercial photos, commercial projects & commercial terminology - that was my target market & who I wanted to attract. I no longer want to attract those clients but want the ranking to pick & choose projects, rather than taking on everything, so I'm working on the search term phrases on the website to get back on page 1.

When actively pursuing these works I managed to stay high up on page 1 for several years.

Google picks up on changes to the content of your website - so if through careful manipulation you change 'search terms' to suit your target audience, every few days Google will up your ranking.

If you have admin access to your website just go on your website and change 'pressure washing' to 'pressure washing merseyside' or 'pressure washing Wirral' or 'pressure washing Liverpool' or 'commercial pressure washing Wirral' or 'commercial pressure washing Merseyside' etc - try to think of search terms that people will use to find your service, pressure washing is your service, your service is in the Wirral, put the two together but keep tweaking it, say once per week but keep the phrase together.

No access to your website - get your website builder to put a blog on the site that you can add weekly works to, again using search terms that apply to your services.

If I needed a subby in your area for pressure washing I want to see the proof you can do the work, commercial photos of your projects are that proof. I wouldn't use you if you only had domestic photos.

For the residential client I am now marketing to I have built a completely separate website that will be linked to a solely window cleaning Facebook page. Facebook is my daily blog and there will be a blog of weekly 'happenings' on the residential site, again all the time getting in those area specific search terms.

I'm struggling with adding a purchased web address to this free site but that is another issue.

Good luck

JasonD

I've said this to a lot of people before.

Your website needs to show relevant content, pointless offering commercial pressure washing if you don't show your experience/projects.

Here's how I would do it - even better here is how I AM doing it but in reverse. Possibly easier this way.

My works have been solely commercial pressure washing for the last 12 years but I'm creating a residential website.

I'm not a website builder but I do understand the blogging and search term way of repetition to gain Google ranking. If I can do this so can you or anyone else - you don't need to be a tech guru!!

On my commercial website I have only commercial photos, commercial projects & commercial terminology - that was my target market & who I wanted to attract. I no longer want to attract those clients but want the ranking to pick & choose projects, rather than taking on everything, so I'm working on the search term phrases on the website to get back on page 1.

When actively pursuing these works I managed to stay high up on page 1 for several years.

Google picks up on changes to the content of your website - so if through careful manipulation you change 'search terms' to suit your target audience, every few days Google will up your ranking.

If you have admin access to your website just go on your website and change 'pressure washing' to 'pressure washing merseyside' or 'pressure washing Wirral' or 'pressure washing Liverpool' or 'commercial pressure washing Wirral' or 'commercial pressure washing Merseyside' etc - try to think of search terms that people will use to find your service, pressure washing is your service, your service is in the Wirral, put the two together but keep tweaking it, say once per week but keep the phrase together.

No access to your website - get your website builder to put a blog on the site that you can add weekly works to, again using search terms that apply to your services.

If I needed a subby in your area for pressure washing I want to see the proof you can do the work, commercial photos of your projects are that proof. I wouldn't use you if you only had domestic photos.

For the residential client I am now marketing to I have built a completely separate website that will be linked to a solely window cleaning Facebook page. Facebook is my daily blog and there will be a blog of weekly 'happenings' on the residential site, again all the time getting in those area specific search terms.

I'm struggling with adding a purchased web address to this free site but that is another issue.

Good luck

Thanks for sharing your info! Really appreciate it. 

Is there a reason your steering away from commercial work and going into residential? Is the commercial work drying up?

Do not believe there isn't enough commercial work for everyone, all year, it is just knowing how to get it, getting in front of the client and then selling the service.

The work is easy, there is plenty of it but you need to show confidence, be able to show you can do what they want and have the price that is right for them and you and the price is always the one that is the most difficult to mutually agree on.

That is where your character comes in, there's no text book on this, I can't tell you how I got the works, I got me the works because i stood in front of the client and convinced them.

Working with supermarkets is a very closed world, once you're in your in and principal contractors won't really go outside of trusted contractors.

If you work on the Tesco refurb programme for one principal all the same contractors work for the other principal contractors, like a boys club.

I am 52 now and have health issues that aren't worth going into on here, I've done my bit, had a great run and want to quieten down and be at home every night.

The repeat works, industrial estates that have been done in the past keep coming back every couple of years, they are enough for me now.

Do not believe there isn't enough commercial work for everyone, all year, it is just knowing how to get it, getting in front of the client and then selling the service.

The work is easy, there is plenty of it but you need to show confidence, be able to show you can do what they want and have the price that is right for them and you and the price is always the one that is the most difficult to mutually agree on.

That is where your character comes in, there's no text book on this, I can't tell you how I got the works, I got me the works because i stood in front of the client and convinced them.

Working with supermarkets is a very closed world, once you're in your in and principal contractors won't really go outside of trusted contractors.

If you work on the Tesco refurb programme for one principal all the same contractors work for the other principal contractors, like a boys club.

I am 52 now and have health issues that aren't worth going into on here, I've done my bit, had a great run and want to quieten down and be at home every night.

The repeat works, industrial estates that have been done in the past keep coming back every couple of years, they are enough for me now.

could i have a look at your website?

Latest Posts

Back