Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ignore this post, issue resolved

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Welshyyyyy

Just doing my first pressure wash with my new petrol machine and it stopped after about half hour (I checked the petrol and it was low so I put more in), but it won't restart, I checked the oil which looks fine but there's 3 dipsticks to check, one looks slightly foamy (?)

Anyone online right now?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just doing my first pressure wash with my new petrol machine and it stopped after about half hour (I checked the petrol and it was low so I put more in), but it won't restart, I checked the oil which looks fine but there's 3 dipsticks to check, one looks slightly foamy (?)

Anyone online right now?

Cheers

Just out of interest what was the issue ? Low engine oil ?.

Hi Paul, no it was the levers bring in the wrong place, i.e. the throttle being too far the wrong way, the choke the same ( although it started ok half hour earlier), but I rang Rutland Pumps and Sophie talked me through some troubleshooting, like releasing the pressure, opening the petrol lid etc. Managed to start it okay after a while and I think I should be okay now. The manual that comes with it is more of a troubleshooting guide than a set up guide which doesn't help. I finished the job with the Karcher I had in the van as back up, my god there's a difference once you've used a proper machine going back to using a domestic machine ?

Hi Paul, no it was the levers bring in the wrong place, i.e. the throttle being too far the wrong way, the choke the same ( although it started ok half hour earlier), but I rang Rutland Pumps and Sophie talked me through some troubleshooting, like releasing the pressure, opening the petrol lid etc. Managed to start it okay after a while and I think I should be okay now. The manual that comes with it is more of a troubleshooting guide than a set up guide which doesn't help. I finished the job with the Karcher I had in the van as back up, my god there's a difference once you've used a proper machine going back to using a domestic machine ?

Glad you got it sorted ?

Back