Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who are the best customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm slowly finding out my best customers own 5 bed detached houses. Never have any problem with payment and clean their gutters each year. Out today clearing gutters but it was a waste of time as they were frozen solid. Chapped their door and told one that I couldn't even walk on her flat roof. The poor woman didn't even know that she had a flat roof nor where the rainwater would run too. I'm slowly becoming their maintenance man on that estate. Aye, give me 4 or 5 bed detached properties all day long. I charge £15 a time and take around 25mins cleaning them and not had one complaint yet.

Best customers pay online the same day. They’re never in. You don’t have any access issues like a locked gate. Everything about the job is straight forward. These are the ones I like!

Oh, and they’re 4 weekly so they’re never that dirty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal customer

1. Never in... EVER

2. Easy off road parking, clear access, nothing to catch the hose on. 

3. Simple windows, all hydrophilic, no bays or velux or awkward angles. 

4. Very well priced.

5. Pays online the dame day

6. Never complains
I do agree with this but wouldn't say never in.......there are a few who make me chuckle & a few more who make good coffee with bonus cake.  Can make my afternoon that!

I like people who care. People who say thanks every once in a while. People who appreciate what you do, can hold a reasonable conversation.
and actually pay attention to reminder texts (leave gates unlocked, pick up dog Poo etc, pay on time or within a week ideally) 

i honestly feel odd when i never hear from someone or see them. Theres a lot of very busy, impersonal people about now. Robot generation. 
There are nice people of all ages but i always find the over 80’s (war generation) are guaranteed to be nice to meet and talk to. They never mess you about either. Cash on the door as most dont own or use mobile phones so you can just show up as and when you please. If they have outstanding debt it will ALWAYS be paid on the next round or by cheque if it builds up as they are a generation that value honesty & and never forget or let it slide. Sadly I fear following generations will be of a different character.  

Large commercial customers are the best.

Drive to one or two places, clean all day, drive home.

No wasted time driving around, and the pay is excellent.

Anyone that treats you the way you treat them. Not bothered if they're a £5 or a £500 job. Nothing worse than cleaning some arrogant so and so's windows who thinks they're somehow better than you because, in their mind their job is better than yours. 
Absolutely in my opinion also, have had some really well paid jobs and dropped them cant stand people than think they are superior to others.

My neighbour is one off my best, he never complains if he doesn't get them done that regular and is always grateful when I do them, although I do clean his windows for free and clean his gutters out for free 3-4 times a year 

The best customers are the ones who appreciate what you do, are pleased to see you, pay straight away, and look like Nigella Lawson ???

Last edited by a moderator:
The best customers are the ones who appreciate what you do, are pleased to see you, pay straight away, and look like Nigella Lawson ???

I was gonna say the same thing Steve. The people who you know actually WANT their windows cleaned regularly and are happy to see you with money in hand. Tend to be the elderly folk in my experience but not always.

Best ones are the old ones, that way you know they aren't being fleeced by a local beer token smack head.. And the tell some great storie

There are not bad and good customers

There are bad and good salesmen 

First you have to make your potential customer believe that he/she badly needs you. You will help her enjoy live more. Your services are in big demand and the fact that you are speaking with him/her right now, is a lot of luck for them.

There is a house cleaning company in Dublin charging 600 euro for a standard 3 bed house - once off. Fully booked 3 months ahead. Other companies charging 250 euro for the same project, cannot find work

Why is that?

The expensive company comes to your home, they turn off your light and they put blue lights on. They show you bacteria, fat, etc, all over your walls. You are in big danger. This bacteria will eat your brain soon. They create a big story. Then you pay 600 euro

This company has 275 bad reviews and 1 good review. They are mad busy

In few cases people have contacted me by mistake looking for this company. When i told them that i am not them, they hang up!

Back