Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

whats your top 10 reasons for sacking a customer?

Slow or no payment or having to chase all the time .

Dog poi

Rude customers 

Access issues 

Pretending  not to be in when they are 

to delay payment 

Theses are the main ones but we rarely get problems as I have weeded out the above over the years leaving mainly good customers 

Slow or no payment or having to chase all the time .

Dog poi

Rude customers 

Access issues 

Pretending  not to be in when they are 

to delay payment 

Theses are the main ones but we rarely get problems as I have weeded out the above over the years leaving mainly good customers 
I can just add  another to that also.like those who follow you around the house making small talk.but really,they are keeping a eye on you.

Dog poo has to be top of the list. I had a gutter clean job last week at a place with five dogs. S&^% everywhere - on the hose of the Skyvac, on my boots, in the van, on my gloves. When I mentioned it they said, "Yes there is a bit about the place." and just laughed it off. I wasn't laughing,

Other than that my customers are great by and large.

Dog poo has to be top of the list. I had a gutter clean job last week at a place with five dogs. S&^% everywhere - on the hose of the Skyvac, on my boots, in the van, on my gloves. When I mentioned it they said, "Yes there is a bit about the place." and just laughed it off. I wasn't laughing,

Other than that my customers are great by and large.

If it was that bad when quoting the job I would point out we would be unable to do the job as I would be exposing my staff to a health hazard . Even when they clean it up there is generally bits left behind that get on the hoses etc , I would refuse to do it they can find someone else 

Dog ? is the only issue for me, it's not just that I don't want to stand in it or all that goes with that, for me when I see a lot over 2 cleans I know that the dog can't be getting exercised properly it actually saddens me, to see this, so after 2 chances they get dropped, that reminds me I've got 2 more to drop.

If it was that bad when quoting the job I would point out we would be unable to do the job as I would be exposing my staff to a health hazard . Even when they clean it up there is generally bits left behind that get on the hoses etc , I would refuse to do it they can find someone else 
I charged them £30.00 for sterising everything, and told them why!

Those that agree to monthly price and then want 2 monthly cleans. Pay the extra or bye bye.

I don't see the point in two monthly cleans. I clean once a month and that's the deal, if they don't like it then they can look else where. I do a three monthly but that's a church and I may do anytime limit if its commercial. Two years ago I started window cleaning with less than 20 customers. I am now over 100 now without even trying, it just creeps up on you by word of mouth.

I dumped an old boy a couple of months back because of his constant talking.

I know that sounds heartless, but this was beyond a joke. From the moment we stepped out the van, he was over like a rocket and trying to get away was really difficult.

The worst of it was, the subject never varied. It was always about the poxy miniature trains he built. Boring beyond words

I don't see the point in two monthly cleans. I clean once a month and that's the deal, if they don't like it then they can look else where. I do a three monthly but that's a church and I may do anytime limit if its commercial. Two years ago I started window cleaning with less than 20 customers. I am now over 100 now without even trying, it just creeps up on you by word of mouth.
If I only had gained 100 jobs in 2 years I wouldn't see the point ? 

I know that sounds heartless, but this was beyond a joke. From the moment we stepped out the van, he was over like a rocket and trying to get away was really difficult.

The worst of it was, the subject never varied. It was always about the poxy miniature trains he built. Boring beyond words
It wasn't Rod Stewart was it ?

I fell asleep reading this post zzzzzzz ? 

Don't you advertise on Checkatrade, I do anything from fortnightly to an annual clean. The annual clean pays £220 and I can manage to make it last 2 hours. You follow your business model and I'll follow mine.

I once dropped a customer because she flipped her lid as I had the audacity to clean her windows on a Saturday morning! (Instead of Friday).

Sad really because her husband was a nice chap and always paid me  on time...... But know one wants a Wailing Banshee having a bloody go at them.

Don't you advertise on Checkatrade, I do anything from fortnightly to an annual clean. The annual clean pays £220 and I can manage to make it last 2 hours. You follow your business model and I'll follow mine.

Checkatrade costs me a grand a year and wasn't sure if it would be worth it. This year it has generated about 3 grand and maybe more. I seem to get well off folk through Checkatrade which I wouldn't get otherwise. I don't like refusing work but after a customer taking me as a fool last month, I had to change. I am now in charge and my customers must respect that, if not then I don't want them. Its hard at the start when building a customer base but there comes a tipping point which I think is around 100.

I have one just like that!! It’s a chick thou. 3-bed semi and it can sometimes take an hour and half ? I stand there politely getting angry inside whilst smiling until she’s finally had enough and gasps for air. I just try and catch her when she’s out. 

Checkatrade costs me a grand a year and wasn't sure if it would be worth it. This year it has generated about 3 grand and maybe more. I seem to get well off folk through Checkatrade which I wouldn't get otherwise. I don't like refusing work but after a customer taking me as a fool last month, I had to change. I am now in charge and my customers must respect that, if not then I don't want them. Its hard at the start when building a customer base but there comes a tipping point which I think is around 100.
I have probably sacked off, sold on or gave away 100 customers in the last 12 months lol

Back