Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cladding clean daily rate or by the meter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pied Piper

Hi All,

Ive been asked by one of our clients if we would quote for cleaning the outer cladding on the building pictured below ,mainly grime and the odd splatter of gull **** but other than that I would say a pretty easy clean  although the total length of the building is around 171 meters .

They've asked for the work to be carried out from off the floor and it cant be pressure washed .

would you guys suggest quoting a daily rate  or  by the meter, any help with pricing this would be very much appreciated.

PP

91B01BEF-6E45-48F4-8315-AC327DAA7188.jpeg

• .7BD2530E-93D9-4F5F-A716-C99CB337A76F.jpeg

Thanks Part Timer , Although we already carry out lots of other work for this company this is the first time we’ve been asked to quote  for this type of work and to be totally honest it would be the first ever cladding clean we would do.

I know costing will vary from area to area but Is there a general price per meter for cleaning cladding?.

pp

I personally don't do much work like this, especially on that scale, so couldn't advise price. You will however have to clean all of the windows so my basic assessment is it will take you a minimum 7 or 8 times longer to clean the cladding and windows to just cleaning the windows. This will be made easier if you had access to water on site as I would be looking to do the initial cladding clean with standard water and only use pure on the windows.

I agree with @Part Timer pure won’t remove the lines from beneath the windows you will need a special chemical for that purple rhino sell it it’s good stuff ,we would spray each section with a 10-1 virosol mix scrubb with hot wfp rinse with garden hose if you have a tap on site , then go over the stained areas with oxi wash it will come up like new , price wise I know what I would be looking for but don’t know your area so it’s difficult  to say , time wise I would allow 2-3 days for two people but hope to do it  in less time but charge for 2-3 so that I have covered myself , also don’t forget the cost of chemicals as this can quickly mount up .The picture below is a similar type of thing we do each year .

DFA39B97-7C58-4E78-88F3-FCD4A8CB76C0.jpeg

138A1FDE-3A00-485D-A18C-D7D59585199F.jpeg

A4458277-962A-46C5-9E9B-4DB4BA75FF99.jpeg

Back