Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting an inline TDS meter

Hoops

Hi guys, 

Looking to fit an inline TDS meter to my 5 stage RO set up. See attached picture. Speaking with a plumber who has suggested some fittings as apparently I will have to adapt the the T pieces to fit the existing 15mm plastic piping. Only problem is that the ones he has recommended seem a little pricey and more than the meter itself. 

Any ideas how how I can make this work in a tidy way? 

D0DD9FD6-421E-4ADA-99D1-D559BB7253D0.jpeg

EE18B2E1-B91B-473A-8074-F49002293E3D.png

Why not ring one of the main supply companies and buy the online TDS meter and fittings
I have already purchased the inline TDS meter. I’m asking advice on how to install it using pushfit connectors as I have 15mm plastic pipe in my system and they supply 1-4 tee pieces with the meter which won’t fit my pipe. I’ve looked at reducer tee pieces but not confident as either the prides won’t fit snug or pipe won’t fit once I reduce? 

I know this sounds silly but in my experience the manufacturer have big half inch hose before and after the in-line TDS meter and small pipe work on it , all my ionic systems systems came like that , it doesn’t seam to restrict the flow however. 

How about fitting a 15mm tee inline with a compression fitting on the vertical branch but use the 1/2" thread with a 1/2" bsp to 1/4" John guest. Then just insert the probe.

Mine is fitted like part timers. I think I bought them from a tropical fish shop on the internet. Mine works fine all my system is fitted similar to your hoops. 

If you are running a system with 1/2 inch hose or 15mm Speedfit like the OP then dropping down in bore size for the TDS meter is an unnecessary restriction. Like the photo above. Aim of the game is water in and water out as quick as possible. Don’t put restrictions in the way. 

I've got a spare in my shed

Give me a pm and I'll send it to you.

The same as in jangos pic.

Back