Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many leaflets over a year?

How many leaflets do u plan to drop this year ?

• around 96k (8,000 leaflets per month)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • around 180k (15,000 leaflets per month)

• around 360k (30,000 leaflets per month)

• around 480k (40,000 leaflets per month)

• over 600k+ ( 60,000 +leaflets per month)

• Total voters

harunh

Just wondering how many leaflets do you all plan on dropping this year ?

Also will you be paying a company to drop them? or will you drop them yourself ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Won’t be dropping any , web site brings in more work than we need if I wanted more work I would go door knocking as this is the best take up rate from experience, any flyers that come through my door go straight in the bin I don’t even look at them , from talking to customers they say the same it’s a very poor return rate , something like 3 jobs per 1,000 leaflets I think seams to be the norm and you arnt going to get compact work like that , when I used to go canvassing I would easily pick up 4-6 jobs per hour minimum and all close together., haven’t needed to canvass for over 10 years though . 

Going to be dropping quite a lot this year, I have a very successful leaflet it seems as I seem to get about 1 customer per 100 dropped. Takes me about an hour to drop 100. Door knocking on average takes me an hour per customer too so I'd prefer to just put my music on and get them handed out. My leaflets more or less require me to drop them anyway.

Probably less than the minimum on the poll. I will pop a few cards through letterboxes to fill up a few gaps but once I get a few I wont do any more. I’d say my return on cards/leaflets is 1% or thereabouts, which is good in my eyes as it doesn’t take long to post 100.

Abosolutely None... our entire business is built on word of mouth. Were fortunate enough that we don't do any advertising at all, and all 3 vehicles arn't signed up either

I might send out a few thousand don’t really need many more customers I’ve just about enough.

I've built my round on flyers and been out and about.

My response is roughly 1 in a 100, depends on time of year.  Slow going but the customers I pick up are on GC and haven't lost any in my first year.  Probably get six cancel today now  :1f602:

When I properly focus on it I do alright, if I posted 1,000 per week I would expect 10 calls but this is between Feb and August.  Outside of that period I've found isn't as good so I've held back / not bothered as much.  Usually I struggle to get 400 out per week, soon as the phone starts ringing I find I don't have enough time to post them.

I'm not a massive fan of leaflet drops unless you've got the budget to have a company deliver 1000's. I'd much rather knock doors than post leaflets 

I get these emails all the time ,

cheap prices because my leaflet probably gets posted with other 10,  

some afternoons when I get home ther will always be 5+ leaflets on the mat, 

picks up and carry straight to the recycling bag,

maybe if ther is just one or two I’ll have a read 

8625975F-61A0-4B2A-9828-6F8F9048D644.png

I get these emails all the time ,

cheap prices because my leaflet probably gets posted with other 10,  

some afternoons when I get home ther will always be 5+ leaflets on the mat, 

picks up and carry straight to the recycling bag,

maybe if ther is just one or two I’ll have a read 

View attachment 18900

The best way to drop leaflets is to make sure it goes through the letterbox on its own, no other leaflet alongside it. 

The best way to drop leaflets is to make sure it goes through the letterbox on its own, no other leaflet alongside it. 
Are you lying?  ? Or you just winding this forum up as it’s full of aggressive established  window cleaners ?? who like a good old hammering now and thn ?

There is a guy in Hampshire who morgaged his house to deliver a million leafets.

Maybe lee prior but may be wrong as going from memory .

Has over 10 vans on the road from it and charging good prices round there.

My family are from there so know the prices can be good. 

Something to think about. 

I've not posted a leaflet in over a year and no need but shows it can work.

There is a guy in Hampshire who morgaged his house to deliver a million leafets.

Maybe lee prior but may be wrong as going from memory .

Has over 10 vans on the road from it and charging good prices round there.

My family are from there so know the prices can be good. 

Something to think about. 

I've not posted a leaflet in over a year and no need but shows it can work.
It was Lee Prior. I remember Green Pro telling me about it.

I see a lot of people on CIU like to lay in to him every time he posts. I think a lot of it is jealousy. That said it is obvious to see he grew really fast and rather uncontrollably, just look at the reviews. I also saw a TV advert somewhere for him, not sure how that worked out. Cool idea though.

It was Lee Prior. I remember Green Pro telling me about it.

I see a lot of people on CIU like to lay in to him every time he posts. I think a lot of it is jealousy. That said it is obvious to see he grew really fast and rather uncontrollably, just look at the reviews. I also saw a TV advert somewhere for him, not sure how that worked out. Cool idea though.

Nothing like jumping in at the deep end. It all comes down to the condition of the market which is growing fairly fast. He could have done it slowly and would have still managed to grow. Usually we find when we grow very fast then it doesn't take much to go bust because we don't have the roots in place.

Nothing like jumping in at the deep end. It all comes down to the condition of the market which is growing fairly fast. He could have done it slowly and would have still managed to grow. Usually we find when we grow very fast then it doesn't take much to go bust because we don't have the roots in place.

When your turnover is growing month on month it can be easy to think you're raking in the money, the key thing is the profit, if you're not making a decent profit then eventually turnover will stop growing and this is when you find that the business fails as it wasn't making enough / any profit.  

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity  : )

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you the best time i had with leaflets. I picked up a friend as a customer because her window cleaner never came back. The next month i targeted that street with leaflets and picked up another 3 customers. Now i have 7 good customers on that street and should really try and pick up more but I'm a bit busy now. So the moment you here of a void then get in right away and try and fill it. ?

Back