Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Exchef93

Would you like a cup of tea?



Recommended Posts

Exchef93

What do the rest of you guys do when being offered a cup of tea or coffee?

 

Me personally, i dont think j have ever turned one down, but it's always the same customers every round. If we get less than half a dozen teas and coffees every round it's a bad day.

 

Thank you Salary 😂

Share this post


Link to post
ks789
52 minutes ago, Exchef93 said:

What do the rest of you guys do when being offered a cup of tea or coffee?

 

Me personally, i dont think j have ever turned one down, but it's always the same customers every round. If we get less than half a dozen teas and coffees every round it's a bad day.

 

Thank you Salary 😂

 I might accept one, if I have too much i end up busting for a jimmy

Share this post


Link to post
dmw
5 minutes ago, ks789 said:

 I might accept one, if I have too much i end up busting for a jimmy

When I was working yesterday, I was chatting to the oldish guy next door  who was repointing his customers house. When I moved round the house there he was still talking to me while having a wee in his customers grid.

It did make me chuckle, he didn't have a care in the world.🧻

Share this post


Link to post
maxbruffell

Honestly depends on the customer, some of them make an amazing cup of coffee do usually wait for them and there’s a few that offer that I honestly wouldn’t want to use a cup from!!! 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Exchef93
14 minutes ago, dmw said:

When I was working yesterday, I was chatting to the oldish guy next door  who was repointing his customers house. When I moved round the house there he was still talking to me while having a wee in his customers grid.

It did make me chuckle, he didn't have a care in the world.🧻

Ha, that's something i never do is pee in peoples gardens... but the area i work is 90% farmland and lanes, so a gate or footpath is never far away, even in the villages we always have our "pee" stops... bugger paying 20p for the public loos 😂

15 minutes ago, maxbruffell said:

Honestly depends on the customer, some of them make an amazing cup of coffee do usually wait for them and there’s a few that offer that I honestly wouldn’t want to use a cup from!!! 🤢

Haha i suppose i kniw what you mean, but nothing really can really put me off, when it comes to it ive probably got bird poo residue on my hands when im eating my sandwiches so hey ho...

 

ive probably got a couple of customers i wouldnt want one off, the type that yoi cant see through there windows for thw dirt on the inside, but not many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Clearview Lee

I try limit it to a couple a day, but I do know people who stay very professional as they work with the mindset of they're in business to get work done and not drink tea etc. I'm in the 50/50 camp. 

 

Personally, I'm happy to stop of at costa & Co for a half decent swig. Nothing beats my own Nespresso brew thou! I bought that on the back of a customers cuppa. Top notch coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
A.K WINDOWS

Depends on custys house some kitchens I see I’ll say no thanks 🤣

 

you can lose a lot of time with drinks .

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj

Never accept it always say thanks for offering , but I have just had one . Dont have the time to be drinking tea we are there to work and move on to the next job , 

Share this post


Link to post
Exchef93
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Never accept it always say thanks for offering , but I have just had one . Dont have the time to be drinking tea we are there to work and move on to the next job , 

This is the impression i get from most business owners, however i make time for drinking tea!

 

20 minutes ago, A.K WINDOWS said:

you can lose a lot of time with drinks .

One of our friday poets rounds, where as soon as we finish the work we go home whatever the time, we get 7/8 cups of tea or coffee, it's a round you never have to take a flask with you, we did it once and NOONE was in and didnt get even 1, we finished almost an hour and a half earlier..

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS

Ill take a tea of some, and some i wont.

 

One lady always makes me a bacon roll 2ith grated cheese, and she always gives me a home made scone to take away lol

Share this post


Link to post
brianbadonde

I had one old lady who always made me a cracking cup of coffee, and as I’d text her the night before coming, she’d have a batch of bread pudding ready to give me, still warm from the oven, bloody marvellous! She’s moved though 😢

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse 😂😂

AAFA4B0D-083F-42A2-9B23-F5380E631845.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
A.K WINDOWS
1 hour ago, HWCS said:

Ill take a tea of some, and some i wont.

 

One lady always makes me a bacon roll 2ith grated cheese, and she always gives me a home made scone to take away lol

 once you know who’s who after they give you your drink and you can see grease on the top of the tea/coffee that’s when you start to turn them away 🤣🤣🤢

 

 

15 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse 😂😂

AAFA4B0D-083F-42A2-9B23-F5380E631845.jpeg

That’s what I’m saying 🤣🤣🤢🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Exchef93
16 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse 😂😂

AAFA4B0D-083F-42A2-9B23-F5380E631845.jpeg

Hahaaaaaa thats brutal man, ive never recieved something like this!! Slightly stale biscuits are the worst ive had, but as soon as there dunked you wouldnt know 

Share this post


Link to post
Exchef93
2 minutes ago, A.K WINDOWS said:

Bring a flask 💯 

I always bring a flask anyway! There is never to much to drink 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Dale Transparent

Only if I am doing a gutter or conservatory job and have no other work to get to. Year before last during a heatwave I was doing a conny  and gutter job for a nurse, she came out every hour on the hour with a pint of coke over ice and insisted I drink it, she was a life saver, think I would have dehydrated if she wasn't there despite having 2 litres of boiling hot squash in the van, she even gave me a lucozade sport to drink on the way home.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
23 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I once received this... She stood there talking to me so I pretended to drink it till she f**ked off. Every time I go now she offers and I make up some excuse 😂😂

AAFA4B0D-083F-42A2-9B23-F5380E631845.jpeg


Looks like they have used a plant based milk they nearly always curdle when added to coffee, should have black coffee as once you've had it you'll never go back 😜 I only drink freshly made coffee from a cafetiere 1 litre a day keeps the doctor away and me wide eyed for a few hours 😅  

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
39 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:


Looks like they have used a plant based milk they nearly always curdle when added to coffee, should have black coffee as once you've had it you'll never go back 😜 I only drink freshly made coffee from a cafetiere 1 litre a day keeps the doctor away and me wide eyed for a few hours 😅  

Nah mate, I saw her make it, just normal semi-skimmed milk. I think it had gone bad.

 

Bought the wife a barista coffee machine for Christmas. She loves it. I thought I would get more cups of coffee but I've ended up with less 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
10 hours ago, P4dstar said:

Nah mate, I saw her make it, just normal semi-skimmed milk. I think it had gone bad.

 

Bought the wife a barista coffee machine for Christmas. She loves it. I thought I would get more cups of coffee but I've ended up with less 🤷‍♂️


I would want it to make the coffee for the price, is that what you were expecting 😅 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:


I would want it to make the coffee for the price, is that what you were expecting 😅 

You would be pleasantly surprised I think. The machine was £65 and then £25 for a coffee grinder. You can just use pre-ground coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
24 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

You would be pleasantly surprised I think. The machine was £65 and then £25 for a coffee grinder. You can just use pre-ground coffee.


Not bad then, I paid £17.00 for my cafetiere, I just buy pre-ground coffee from Pact Coffee 

Share this post


Link to post
BigFoot

I seldom eat at work and never take a hot drink, I work right through without a break and get home/ or do what I want ASAP but that may change when I slow down or take someone on. I get into a rhythm and find if I break it the day seams longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
20 minutes ago, BigFoot said:

I seldom eat at work and never take a hot drink, I work right through without a break and get home/ or do what I want ASAP but that may change when I slow down or take someone on. I get into a rhythm and find if I break it the day seams longer. 

I find the opposite is true. Jake and I have a little breather at 11 and another around half 1. Finds it breaks the day up nicely.

All this ‘oh I’m so busy I don’t have time for breaks’ from some members baffles me.

We enjoy our day and don’t rush around like blue ar5e flies even though we have more work than necessary. Sod em, they can wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
6 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I find the opposite is true. Jake and I have a little breather at 11 and another around half 1. Finds it breaks the day up nicely.

All this ‘oh I’m so busy I don’t have time for breaks’ from some members baffles me.

We enjoy our day and don’t rush around like blue ar5e flies even though we have more work than necessary. Sod em, they can wait 


11am is that pop master time? , I like my breaks as well, I'm spoilt by my wife with with a decent bate of homemade soup/broths and cake, it's good to chill for a while 

Share this post


Link to post
BigFoot
2 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I find the opposite is true. Jake and I have a little breather at 11 and another around half 1. Finds it breaks the day up nicely.

All this ‘oh I’m so busy I don’t have time for breaks’ from some members baffles me.

We enjoy our day and don’t rush around like blue ar5e flies even though we have more work than necessary. Sod em, they can wait 

 

Between your 11am/ 1:30pm breaks two holidays abroad in January, Football trips and nights out on the lash not forgetting the two- tone ska gigs I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing it all wrong 😂 my New Years resolution, be more Garwood!

Just now, Iron Giant said:


11am is that pop master time? , I like my breaks as well, I'm spoilt by my wife with with a decent bate of homemade soup/broths and cake, it's good to chill for a while 

Love my pop master too!

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Life's for living 😀 I always try and have a break when I'm near a Greggs. Last month I bought their Christmas soup £2 and it was the best soup I had had in ages. My 2yrs of working round the clock is over now as I have all the equipment I need. I'm focusing on high paid work and looking at getting into commercial after meeting a softwash guy cleaning units.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood
3 minutes ago, BigFoot said:

 

Between your 11am/ 1:30pm breaks two holidays abroad in January, Football trips and nights out on the lash not forgetting the two- tone ska gigs I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing it all wrong 😂 my New Years resolution, be more Garwood!

Love my pop master too!

Life isn’t a rehearsal mate, live it to the full!! 
Last day in Tenerife today 😩,

back with the lads in three weeks 👍.

Pop master is at half ten. Every day I say to my worker that I’ll apply to go on it as I know my music. I then bottle it 🙄👨🏾‍🦰

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
6 minutes ago, BigFoot said:

 

Between your 11am/ 1:30pm breaks two holidays abroad in January, Football trips and nights out on the lash not forgetting the two- tone ska gigs I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing it all wrong 😂 my New Years resolution, be more Garwood!

Love my pop master too!


You missed out his billionaires wife 😅 

Share this post


Link to post
BigFoot
2 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Life isn’t a rehearsal mate, live it to the full!! 
Last day in Tenerife today 😩,

back with the lads in three weeks 👍.

Pop master is at half ten. Every day I say to my worker that I’ll apply to go on it as I know my music. I then bottle it 🙄👨🏾‍🦰

My music knowledge isn’t that good but my day is spoilt if I miss pop master.

three weeks until your next holiday? No wonder you have two breaks a day how will you cope that long without a sun lounger? 😎

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.