Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What product for algae removal on walls by spraying only

ChrisTheHelp

I have a customer whose house has white-painted plaster finish to the walls that is textured. It's pretty fragile but covered in green algae. Brushing or powerwashing would damage the finish so an algacide spray seems to be the only option I can think of, but........

What product do you think would work best to clean the algae from the walls without scrubbing or pressure wahing?

I don't want to use hypo as there's a stream with fish etc very close by. I've used Algon in the past but I'm not convinced by it.

Any suggestions or alternative approaches would be much appreciated.  ?

Biocides are an option but again don’t  use near a fish pond !!! algo  clear pro or spray and walk away are the ones we use but it does take time to work I find customers want instant clean bio won’t give you that in fact after initial application it will often look worse for  a bit 

I'm doing the same but I'm going to use hypo with a soft brush. If it doesn't come up well then i have the go ahead to paint it with masonry paint. I also have to hypo a greenhouse but I'm worried it will react with the glass panels. Any info regarding this, most welcome.

I'm doing the same but I'm going to use hypo with a soft brush. If it doesn't come up well then i have the go ahead to paint it with masonry paint. I also have to hypo a greenhouse but I'm worried it will react with the glass panels. Any info regarding this, most welcome.

Hypo won’t hurt glass we do a greenhouse for a a nursery in fact it’s very good as the hypo will run between the glass where it overlaps and kill the green algi between the pains it’s also a sterilising agent killing bugs and bacteria and potential diseases that can affect the next years plants , softwashing inside greenhouses is big buisness in Holland . 

Biocides are an option but again don’t  use near a fish pond !!! algo  clear pro or spray and walk away are the ones we use but it does take time to work I find customers want instant clean bio won’t give you that in fact after initial application it will often look worse for  a bit 
Thanks for your help Pjj. Much appreciated. As you say, customers want instant results and its difficult to manage that.... no matter how many times you tell them it'll take time. 

http://www.safewashuk.com/product-info/

I've seen this mentioned a few times on the facebook pages, I've never used it so couldn't tell you want kind of results you should expect. 
The website puts me off. Its too simple for a large company. If someone is supplying you chemicals you want to know they will be around when the ? hits the fan. With regards to the before and after; the before is more of a during and the after still has some issues around the window frame and at the bottom in the centre. While these may be issues that are unavoidable its not ideal for a before and after.

http://www.safewashuk.com/product-info/

I've seen this mentioned a few times on the facebook pages, I've never used it so couldn't tell you want kind of results you should expect. 

Hummm that’s jntresting most things like this are either hypo based or biocides but this claims not to be ?. Sounds like a biocides as it takes time to work from many posts I have seen can take up time 6-8 months to show good results 

I've just done a quick search on facebook and its one of Michael Conways products. From what I can gather its mainly citric acid & surfactant and at £230 for 5 litres I think I'll stick with hypo ?

I've just done a quick search on facebook and its one of Michael Conways products. From what I can gather its mainly citric acid & surfactant and at £230 for 5 litres I think I'll stick with hypo ?
That’s the ingredients. Taken from their own COSHH sheet. £230 is some next level pricing... I’m out.

200.gif

535D43F0-4E61-475F-909C-BE9A84D25454.jpeg

Lol if it’s £230 for 5 ltr  Ime sure there must be secret ingredient possibly gold dust ???, what’s the dilution rate ??? 

Lol if it’s £230 for 5 ltr  Ime sure there must be secret ingredient possibly gold dust ???, what’s the dilution rate ??? 
that’s all I can find for it... just so you know If you do his course you get it at the discounted rate of £186 for 5ltr ???

09D4DD24-B96C-4EC2-850C-B824F9D995CD.png

Back