Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help pricing huge gutter clear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Just been to view a potential gutter clear job, it’s huge upto my average domestic clears, every pic is of a different length, most areas are bad with moss & grass clumps showing,any ideas on what to price this huge job at, will be working solo with gutter vac!

Have no idea how long or what to quote it at?

E65A2B37-10C1-4292-86A5-031CA9669799.jpeg

EE22214C-A00C-431C-9641-0774EECBA4D5.jpeg

1D483CFC-8D96-4BCE-A7DF-964D15D4B288.jpeg

576F46D8-78E0-405A-849F-9DF0C2C13286.jpeg

838DC3C2-1A30-4773-ABEF-431966B8B7DD.jpeg

EF3FF862-17CB-496B-A0D0-95D9D82C8DCD.jpeg

3A5D4B04-65C8-4A9B-9FD9-24A131F537E1.jpeg

E2418F8C-926A-4360-BA7C-5D98541CE2F5.jpeg

83A46803-C348-4448-9B20-72BAADAEFB49.jpeg

08C05128-0BC5-4080-8B32-9F3A32F24ED8.jpeg

9B72E9B9-65DD-4A98-B4A4-1154605210C0.jpeg

B40EF389-C91B-4A36-907D-A20757E4D19B.jpeg

45CC6C36-6AA3-4D1E-B810-64B169ED2D00.jpeg

What do you normally charge per mtr?

Thats your price right there.

Id be quoting about £500-600 for that as a one off, but id be telling them thats a price because its clogged, and if they have it done annually subsequent prices would be £350 a year fixed for 3yrs.

Bit of graft this year for £550, but next year i doubt youd even get 1/2 a vacuum full for an easy £350

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been to view a potential gutter clear job, it’s huge upto my average domestic clears, every pic is of a different length, most areas are bad with moss & grass clumps showing,any ideas on what to price this huge job at, will be working solo with gutter vac!

Have no idea how long or what to quote it at?

View attachment 18832

View attachment 18833

View attachment 18834

View attachment 18835

View attachment 18836

View attachment 18837

View attachment 18838

View attachment 18839

View attachment 18840

View attachment 18841

View attachment 18842

View attachment 18843

View attachment 18844

How many meters is it in total ?? Do the pictures over lap ??? We are doing blocks of flats tomorrow I will take some pictures and put up after might help you with time and price , I think your pictures are difficult to interpret how much there is so wouldn’t want to give you bad advice 

Do you get many jobs at that price just for vaccing them out ??? 
I don’t use a vac , on domestic I will charge 4-5 per meter so for this been commercial it would be price higher , I know a guy who charges £9 per meter and get them .

I don’t use a vac , on domestic I will charge 4-5 per meter so for this been commercial it would be price higher , I know a guy who charges £9 per meter and get them .

Dear me I could retire with in a week at those prices ??? we dont charge by the meter I look at the job and think that will take xxx amount of time and I want £££ for doing it , we are doing several vac jobs tomorrow one is a commercial job and will take 1:5 hours and that’s £450 , Ime happy with that , typical 3 bed semi takes 20 muinits and it’s a minimum charge of £65 Ime not intrested in turning up for anything less . I charge more for difficult access ,the higher the building the higher the price , if it’s git grass a foot high all round it will be dearer than just a bit of moss , we di a very large nursing home with 300 meters of two storey gutters every 12 weeks and they are full every time the job takes 2:5-3:0 hours and it’s £300 but it’s easy access just like the pictures in the op post hear 

Dear me I could retire with in a week at those prices ??? we dont charge by the meter I look at the job and think that will take xxx amount of time and I want £££ for doing it , we are doing several vac jobs tomorrow one is a commercial job and will take 1:5 hours and that’s £450 , Ime happy with that , typical 3 bed semi takes 20 muinits and it’s a minimum charge of £65 Ime not intrested in turning up for anything less . I charge more for difficult access ,the higher the building the higher the price , if it’s git grass a foot high all round it will be dearer than just a bit of moss , we di a very large nursing home with 300 meters of two storey gutters every 12 weeks and they are full every time the job takes 2:5-3:0 hours and it’s £300 but it’s easy access just like the pictures in the op post hear 

A.K WINDOWS said:
? each time there own mate , have a look on the net at gutter cleaning firms there’s plenty charging that price , when I say £7 per meter that would be 1st clean out then if it was regular I would drop it down per meter a bit . 

I used to price like that but once I did per meter I was better off , just like some tilers price per meter there the ones making the doe .

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people price window cleaning at so much per window but that only works up to a point if a building has 600 windows you are very unlikely to price it up and get the job at a pound per window ,but with a house you would probably get it . Same with guttervaccing when a job is hundreds of meters I don’t think it’s realistic to be charging £7-9 per meter , nice if you can get it but a lot won’t pay that although I di agree that the price should be that , I have priced several commercial jobs on the price scale and time taken fir a house and rarely get the commercial job based on those prices . 

Some people price window cleaning at so much per window but that only works up to a point if a building has 600 windows you are very unlikely to price it up and get the job at a pound per window ,but with a house you would probably get it . Same with guttervaccing when a job is hundreds of meters I don’t think it’s realistic to be charging £7-9 per meter , nice if you can get it but a lot won’t pay that although I di agree that the price should be that , I have priced several commercial jobs on the price scale and time taken fir a house and rarely get the commercial job based on those prices . 
Totally agree it’s what you can get away with to be fair most these commercial company’s don’t care too much I have to charge that to help with the boredom ?

?? each time there own mate , have a look on the net at huurrr cleaning firms there’s plenty charging that price , when I say £7 per meter that would be 1st clean out then if it was regular I would drop it down per meter a bit . 

I used to price like that but once I did per meter I was better off , just like some tilers price per meter there the ones making the doe .

So based on your pricing the nursing home we do every 12 weeks are 300 meters of gutters at your pricing it would be £2100 -2700 for three hours work , I like the ideal of that but the customer will never lay that in a million years ???? as I said if they did I could retire very quickly ??

As you know I do a huge job in Gosport somewhere around 3000 metres, if my memory serves me right, and we charge £3850. Takes me 2 days to get there and back and 2 days to do it. Even if I worked on a £2 a meter I wouldn't get it so fixed meter prices on commercial work, in my opinion, wouldn't work.

So based on your pricing the nursing home we do every 12 weeks are 300 meters of gutters at your pricing it would be £2100 -2700 for three hours work , I like the ideal of that but the customer will never lay that in a million years ???? as I said if they did I could retire very quickly ??
?? obviously if it’s every 3 months  then I wouldn’t charge that but would still be min £4.50-5 per meter , I don’t care about time it’s a price and that’s that .

i would get them on 6 monthly I not seen a gutter yet needing clearing every 3 months.

up your price lets retire together ??

?? obviously if it’s every 3 months  then I wouldn’t charge that but would still be min £4.50-5 per meter , I don’t care about time it’s a price and that’s that .

i would get them on 6 monthly I not seen a gutter yet needing clearing every 3 months.

up your price lets retire together ??

Lol you haven’t seen some of our jobs they are full to the top with moss every 12 weeks sometimes they are overflowing the roof is covered in moss the seagulls peck it and poo on it and it grows as you look at it , and no they won’t have the roof cleaned I have tried that one , you certainly wouldn’t get any jobs on commercial at those prices like @Part Timer we do work like this in other parts of the country as well and earn a very good living doing it but those prices people will very rarely pay £7-9 per meter I wouldn’t evan waist my time quoting at that price as I know I wouldn’t get the job 

Lol you haven’t seen some of our jobs they are full to the top with moss every 12 weeks sometimes they are overflowing the roof is covered in moss the seagulls peck it and poo on it and it grows as you look at it , and no they won’t have the roof cleaned I have tried that one , you certainly wouldn’t get any jobs on commercial at those prices like @Part Timer we do work like this in other parts of the country as well and earn a very good living doing it but those prices people will very rarely pay £7-9 per meter I wouldn’t evan waist my time quoting at that price as I know I wouldn’t get the job 
That’s what we charge and we get them , but to be honest I don’t want them anyways, like I say we don’t use a gutter vac so it’s a pain in the **** job so I want big money if get them , if they say no I’m not bothered if they do then it’s big pay day ? they come in now and again but i would just rather bash domestic windows all day . 

I do a job near @Den that must be 400 meters, charge £500, I also do another 2 on the same day and the day grosses £1330. There must be over a 1000 metres in total, why should I risk earning days like that by charging £x per meter. Fine on small residential stuff but not workable on big commercial jobs. 

I do a job near @Den that must be 400 meters, charge £500, I also do another 2 on the same day and the day grosses £1330. There must be over a 1000 metres in total, why should I risk earning days like that by charging £x per meter. Fine on small residential stuff but not workable on big commercial jobs. 
Fair play mate , but I like to gamble .

sometimes the risk pays off ?

But fully understand what you you are saying ?

It took  @Part Timer a good half hour watching his screen as well ?

I’d definitely 100% get a camera or drone or whatever and have a look inside the gutters before I’d quote.
From there you can give a more accurate price. But for arguments sake, over £600. I presume you have a decent/powerful gutter vac? What will you do if some of the downpipes are blocked? 

Back