Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Magnetic signage and logos

Hi guys

For anyone that’s used magnetic signage for their van, would you recommend it? Does it stay on well..? 

And does anyone know a decent logo designer? How much would it be roughly? 
And please can you send me their contact details? 

Many thanks, Luke. 

Magnetic signs have stayed on fine for me in the past - I used to remove them at night and replace in the morning.

From memory £38 for a pair of side door signs from signs4vans. These did the job for me & got me a few new customers.

I don't use the signs any more since I have loads of work. 

I use them, got two sets from vista print they get attention and have worked well with me getting further work at they look sweet on the van and half the battle is to look legit. I'd not decal my van any other way as its not just a window cleaning van (if it were I'd get it done proper) but doubles as a camper van with a mattress and awning attached for weekends away. Not had one fly off etc and they are pretty strong magnetically.

Hi guys

For anyone that’s used magnetic signage for their van, would you recommend it? Does it stay on well..? 

And does anyone know a decent logo designer? How much would it be roughly? 
And please can you send me their contact details? 

Many thanks, 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used thesignbuilder.co.uk, They have a deal if you buy more than 5.

I think I paid £70 for 6 signs about 40”x60”.

I put 3 on my van and I’ve got 3 spare. Although my dad might be putting them on his van as he’s getting into windows too.

I opted for magnetic as my van is leased and doesn’t have long left before I send it back. I can then just take them off and put them on my next vehicle

Has anyone got magnetic signs that are more like 'normal' sign writing / tailored for their model of van , i.e not standard oblongs but shaped to fit flush on the bonnets or have more unusual eye-catching shapes? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had magnetic signs for 5 years. On my first van no issues but my second van a 2014 Peugeot Partner the paint bubbled on the sides and back after 12 months and on the bonnet the paint completely came away and ended up buying a second hand bonnet as it was cheaper than a respray. Somebody on here said it was due to newer vans having different or thinner paint. Can’t remember which I’m afraid. 

I thought magnetic ones could be left on permanently? Would just make it easier if I end up selling my van. Although I may opt for permanent.. 

Obviously you could leave them  on all the time the time but I know a couple of people who have had them stolen as they are easily removed ,I don’t think it would cost any more to have it sign written , that can easily be removed if you sell the van  , 

Got to be honest, whenever I see a van with magnetic signs on it gives me the impression of a "fly by night" or someone who can't really be arsed to do it proper... Ergo not the tradesman for me. 

Either advertise properly or don't bother at all... But that's just my opinion after all

Got to be honest, whenever I see a van with magnetic signs on it gives me the impression of a "fly by night" or someone who can't really be arsed to do it proper... Ergo not the tradesman for me. 

Either advertise properly or don't bother at all... But that's just my opinion after all

We get the pikeys round our way using them one month they have them on the van offering block drive laying then next month it’s pressure washing then it’s tree surgery and so the list goes on ,only mobile numbers no landline most hear won’t use them and don’t  trust them 

Suppose that depends on the van and person too though. I'm certainly no fly by night type driving a good looking, pristine white T5 about the place, I just prefer to pull my signage off as I do other things in my van when im not working that's all. Otherwise I'd have a dedicated van and proper signage.

Get a good few new customers who get in touch via the van signs and state how nice it looks, maybe a further feather in my cap haha 

Latest Posts

Back