Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice required f

Ash Baker

Hi all I have been asked to clean this wall, it’s a render with white small marble style stones imbedded. I can’t  pressure wash or scrub it too hard  as all comes away too easily!

could someone please give me a suggestion?

thanks

2BF38B85-30DE-4B5C-A26A-8C5121106576.jpeg

It needs softwashing a hypo mix of 4-1 but don’t  put washing up liquid in it as it’s illegal and carcinogenic , wet the wall down with the garden hose then apply hypo mix keep it wet and keep re apply  allow 20-30 muinits between coats  bear in mind hypo is less effective in temperatures below 10 degrees . 

The wall is pebbledash once it starts to kill off the bacteria rinse with the hose keep applying mix until the wall is clean , you could also do the job with a biocides but it will take several months to clean it . 

Hi Guys

Using Washing Up liquid mixed with Sodium Hypochlorite has serious health problems

Most washing up liquids inc Fairy has Amonia in it.

When you mix Amonia with SH you create a gas which is harmful to lungs - similar to Mustard gas as used in previous wars to kill soldiers in the trenches.

In the USA Fairy Liquid is called DAWN - it has a warning message on the label DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH - Proctor & Gamble make both products but for some strange reason it does not put the warning on UK labels.

There are chemicals out there designed and manufactured to mix with bleach which are safe to use.

I have been saying this for years but apparently I don’t know what ime talking about according to sum 

Latest Posts

Back