Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

UBIK OR SCREWFIX DEGREASER

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B-CLEAN

What’s best one to just go ahead with I don’t want to trial and error , would like to just grab a couple off one and keep things simple instead all difrent chemicals In van 

I’ve only used Ubik200 and works very well for my needs. I tend not to change if all is well for me, but I understand the other one you mentioned is also good and quite a bit cheaper. 

The screwfix stuff is a lot better.

You could use it neat and get no orange stains and rinses off a lot easier.

I've tried everything possible and if you don't want to use hypo on upvc screwfix degreaser is your best option imo.

I've used all three of the following, ubik = good and works well but never need it neat or it may have an adverse effect if LEFT on upvc for any great length of time. May rainbow of left on glass and dries. 

Screwfix degreaser = OK and works most of the time but doesn't have the same power as ubik or virosol. 

Virosol = very similar chemically to ubik but has a nice fragrance and doesn't rainbow of left and drys on windows. 

1st = virosol

2nd = ubik

3rd = screwfix

I think a lot of people use screwfix degreaser      (which is the dearest of the 3) because there is one in every town and can't be assed ordering the better chemical. But again its just my opinion. 

I've used all three of the following, ubik = good and works well but never need it neat or it may have an adverse effect if LEFT on upvc for any great length of time. May rainbow of left on glass and dries. 

Screwfix degreaser = OK and works most of the time but doesn't have the same power as ubik or virosol. 

Virosol = very similar chemically to ubik but has a nice fragrance and doesn't rainbow of left and drys on windows. 

1st = virosol

2nd = ubik

3rd = screwfix

I think a lot of people use screwfix degreaser      (which is the dearest of the 3) because there is one in every town and can't be assed ordering the better chemical. But again its just my opinion. 
Hi, I am new member here and just looking to clean windows of my house I moved into a while ago. The windows have aluminium strips running horizontally and vertically and Im worried these alkaline based virosol/ubik/screfix no nonsense etc.. will damage the aluminium strips. Can someone experienced please provide some guidance here as I cannot afford anything to go wrong ?. Many thanks

Hi, I am new member here and just looking to clean windows of my house I moved into a while ago. The windows have aluminium strips running horizontally and vertically and Im worried these alkaline based virosol/ubik/screfix no nonsense etc.. will damage the aluminium strips. Can someone experienced please provide some guidance here as I cannot afford anything to go wrong ?. Many thanks
Do you have the WFP system?

Back