Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Cambscleaning

IBC tank set up help

Cambscleaning

Can anyone help on the following.

I have a Kiam KM3700P pressure washer. Today I had to clean some machinery in a remote location 

I connected my pressure washer straight to a full IBC tank with a standard hosepipe fitting to this fitting 

pressure was just to low. 

is there a better set up with different size hoses or attachments between Ibc and pressure washer for maximum pressure?

EC16EAC3-3F05-4C9A-9CA5-1ECF10FB53ED.jpeg

Baldmonkey
20 hours ago, Cambscleaning said:

Can anyone help on the following.

I have a Kiam KM3700P pressure washer. Today I had to clean some machinery in a remote location 

I connected my pressure washer straight to a full IBC tank with a standard hosepipe fitting to this fitting 

pressure was just to low. 

is there a better set up with different size hoses or attachments between Ibc and pressure washer for maximum pressure?

EC16EAC3-3F05-4C9A-9CA5-1ECF10FB53ED.jpeg

The trouble with that setup is that there is no pressure apart from standard water weight pressure. 

As the tank lowers, so does the water, so does the weight and so does the pressure. 

A powered pump between the IBC and tank will help but would need a power source too. 

As a quick fix and where available, Park the IBC tank as high as possible which will increase the pressure for you. 

Pjj
2 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

The trouble with that setup is that there is no pressure apart from standard water weight pressure. 

As the tank lowers, so does the water, so does the weight and so does the pressure. 

A powered pump between the IBC and tank will help but would need a power source too. 

As a quick fix and where available, Park the IBC tank as high as possible which will increase the pressure for you. 

Give Ben a ring at Rutland pumps that’s to small an outlet to draw water from without pressure ,I have 3/4 fittings on mine from Ben it’s like a toggle clip cannot take any pictures as it’s out side and raining hard 😬😬😬

Cambscleaning

Many thanks. Yeah I thought was too small and also too long of a hosepipe go pull and pressure. I think i should be using a small length of at least 2” hose to the pressure washer.