Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
KGEC

How much would you pay per litre for water

KGEC

Evening all 

as some would have seen from my previous post I am looking to set up, and start window and exterior building clean as an add on to my current business in grounds maintenance. As part of this I have just order an ionic v4 static system and wondered what people are prepared to pay for the water. Currently I’m setting up at 3000l tank but for the extra tank size it wouldn’t be a great deal more to set up. 

Also if anyone is looking to sub contract any work our get in touch. I have a brand new thermowash system being made as we speak and would happily support anyone around West Midlands should the work be out there!! 

HWCS

3-5p depending on qty and TDS level id say

scottish cleaning service

Spotless were charging 3p plus vat a litre when they first open up but I think its just a door opener. You could always look them up and find out.

Cleanco

We are very lucky here as we have tap water at around 30ppm. Also not on a metre, we use around 700 litres a day between two of us and it costs roughly a fiver a week in resin. If my maths is right it’s about 0.0014 pence per litre. 

9 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Spotless were charging 3p plus vat a litre when they first open up but I think its just a door opener. You could always look them up and find out.

That would be £6000+ a year for me. No thanks. Surely even if you live in a hard water area it’s cheaper and more convenient to make your own. 

Lee85

I currently pay £3 per 100l at a local independent supplier. This is at an ultra pure 24hr station. 

KGEC
52 minutes ago, Cleanco said:

We are very lucky here as we have tap water at around 30ppm. Also not on a metre, we use around 700 litres a day between two of us and it costs roughly a fiver a week in resin. If my maths is right it’s about 0.0014 pence per litre. 

That would be £6000+ a year for me. No thanks. Surely even if you live in a hard water area it’s cheaper and more convenient to make your own. 

It may well be but I often see people looking for it locally so was wondering if I could bring in extra cash at the beginning to boost our turnover and profit. Every little helps in growing a start up business. 

mike007

If you are not producing yourself you will have to pay what your supplier charges....cannot WFP without pure water !!!

Part Timer

He's looking to produce his own and sell the excess. He just trying to find out where to pitch his price.

HWCS

In Nov/Dec i was buying from a local windy as i didnt have RO kit and i was paying him 5ppl

KGEC
17 hours ago, Part Timer said:

He's looking to produce his own and sell the excess. He just trying to find out where to pitch his price.

Part timer is correct. We have a lot of space in our depot for extra tanks so I was wondering how much I could charge that’s all!

Stevieboy
On 15/01/2020 at 05:37, Cleanco said:

700 litres a day!!!! That’s 1.5 litres of water a minute for an 8 hours solid day.  That must be a record. I know a lot of people on here like wasting water but that is a lot. 

Cleanco
5 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

700 litres a day!!!! That’s 1.5 litres of water a minute for an 8 hours solid day.  That must be a record. I know a lot of people on here like wasting water but that is a lot. 

That’s between two of us and just an average, sometimes use more or sometimes less if we have a bit of trad or other stuff like gutter clearing it do. 

Cghwindowcleaning

3-5p+ vat is the going general rate per litre.

Pjj
8 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

We use 1000 ltr per day with two guys doing domestic, sometimes when doing large commercial we use 1200-1500 per day  we will be doing a big hotel tomorrow where we use that amount of water per day we do it every 4 weeks it’s right on the coast and needs plenty of water as it’s always covered in salt and sand , we don’t waist water either but we do some serious amounts of work we don’t sit in the van drinking tea 😂😂😂😂

Algie
9 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

I allso have a 2 man setup and could use 700l aday,