Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Gloves

silbchris

Hi everyone,

I've recently started a new window cleaning company in Glasgow. I'm finding with the winter months and with the products my hands are getting really irritated. I'm looking at gloves like these...

Does anyone have any recommendations? Or know of products less irritating I could be using?

Cheers,

Chris

Yeah those gloves will be fine, latex can break up and also be irritating, vinyl can sweat your hands bad and not strong enough.  Nitrile are not cheap but worth the extra.  I can leave a pair on for about 2 hours before needing to change them.

When it's 7c or below I wear them underneath waterproof gloves, 7c and above and you should be ok with them on their own.

Your hands will sweat like mad in them - and they don’t last very long at all. I’ve used these over the past year and they are superb - they have re-enforced areas between the thumb and forefinger which helps massively with durability. All my other gloves wear out within a couple of weeks (usually the area described above) the last pair of these has lasted a good few months.

A9ADD665-2208-4CB0-8251-E7A392E9E0AB.png

One thing I would say about Showa 282 is after a couple of washes the inside fingers come away and it's hard to get that to slot back into place.

Once the weather goes warm I cut out the inner layer because of that and just use the outer shell until they wear out.

One thing I would say about Showa 282 is after a couple of washes the inside fingers come away and it's hard to get that to slot back into place.

Once the weather goes warm I cut out the inner layer because of that and just use the outer shell until they wear out.

Put them on inside out and use washing detergent and clean as if you were washing your hands. Once you rinse them leave them to dry inside out and turn them the correct way once dry, I find it prevents them from separating.

Best glove I’ve found for WFP.

Put them on inside out and use washing detergent and clean as if you were washing your hands. Once you rinse them leave them to dry inside out and turn them the correct way once dry, I find it prevents them from separating.

Best glove I’ve found for WFP.

Cheers mate I been putting them in the washing machine. 

Cheers lads, I wasn't sure whether they'd stand up to washing. They've started to smell inside, so I'll get them on this weekend! ?

Black mamba nitrile are the best for me and managed 3 days before I have to replace one. Very strong and made for mechanics and use with chemicals .?

Hi everyone,

I've recently started a new window cleaning company in Glasgow. I'm finding with the winter months and with the products my hands are getting really irritated. I'm looking at gloves like these...

Does anyone have any recommendations? Or know of products less irritating I could be using?

Cheers,

Chris

Highly recommend Skytec Argon which are thermal and waterproof 

Also Homebase sell a clone version 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Bzh3Elg7l/?igshid=5igtxdtv56d5

Screenshot_20200118-221048_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-221048_Instagram.jpg

I would agree with this. Mine did rip though when trading from wringing cloths out. They do argon extra thermal I think it’s called which are even better 
I have the extra thermal skytecs. Very good and the best gloves yet. I also use chemical resistant green nitrile gloves under kayaking neoprene GUL gloves 

I use Nitrille gloves like the link u showed me... cant work without them and they protect your hands from the **** of your hose reel.

I pay £45.00 for 20 boxes... I get them very cheap ?

Back