Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3mm pencil jets.

Baldmonkey

As the post suggests what's everyone's favourite maintenance brush and first clean brush? 

First clean, unless leaded is universal stiff sill brush from gardiner (35cm) and I'm torn between two I use frequently for my maintenance cleans, both gardiner both 35cm universal sill brushes but I like both the medium and the flocked... Choices choices

Got the new stiff extreme with two jets but I see Gardiner have the new Medium one with 4 jets back in stock so bought a couple today. Should be good for first cleans with the 3mm jets and then another one with 1.4mm jets for maintenance cleans. You can never have enough brushes is the way I see it, can't be bothered changing jets all the time.

We use supream stiff brushes but don’t  find they last as long as the older version 

Last edited by a moderator:
Extreme 35cm 4 x 1.4 jets bit big/heavy for  @Part Timer ?

Extreme medium sill brush.

ultimate flock for first cleans and square leaded.

I have never used these, who uses them? And what are yours thoughts please? 

Thanks. 

I really like them but you use a lot of water. What I was doing was using the 3mm till lunch time then changing over to the 1.4mm. Got fed up with that so for the last week I've just been using the 1.4.  The water lasts for ages white the 1.4.

If I had a bigger pay load I would use the 3mm all the time you hardly need to rinse as your rinsing while your scrubbing.  

I couldn't get away with 3mm jets, been using a new brush the past week or so with the new jets and to be honest the flow is greater/faster than the brass 1.4mm jets, my thinking is you would have to run your pump almost flat out and end up using more water than necessary if just doing normal houses away from the coast. 

I use 3mm jets and wouldn’t use anything else. I seem to use the equivalent to what people quote on here in regards to water and they are probably using 2mm jets 

Thanks lads I do use 1.4 x 4 in my 35cm brush.

Stop using my rinsebars even though I like them due to the added weight.

After using fanjets For a long time and going back to pencil I have defo come to the conclusion that I prefer 2mm pencils over the fans.

Water always being a premium commodity was worry about using to much too fast I think it will be a case when I put a next order in Gardiner  I add the 3mm pencils and give them a try. 

I couldn't get away with 3mm jets, been using a new brush the past week or so with the new jets and to be honest the flow is greater/faster than the brass 1.4mm jets, my thinking is you would have to run your pump almost flat out and end up using more water than necessary if just doing normal houses away from the coast. 
What’s your new brush out of interest? 

I use 3mm jets and wouldn’t use anything else. I seem to use the equivalent to what people quote on here in regards to water and they are probably using 2mm jets 
I use approx 1.5lpm with my set up regardless what jets or rinsebar what do you use. 

What’s your new brush out of interest?
Well despite nay saying the Xtreme sill, I sold my first one and bought the flocked version which for me is a lot better than the medium bristled one and I have the new jet capsule 1.4mm jets.

Well despite nay saying the Xtreme sill, I sold my first one and bought the flocked version which for me is a lot better than the medium bristled one and I have the new jet capsule 1.4mm jets.
Your the fourth person that I have heard say they prefer the flock version will add it to my limestone Gardiner order. 

I like to rinse on the glass do you rinse on or off the glass? 

Latest Posts

Back