Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic
Baldmonkey

3mm pencil jets.

Baldmonkey

As the post suggests what's everyone's favourite maintenance brush and first clean brush? 

First clean, unless leaded is universal stiff sill brush from gardiner (35cm) and I'm torn between two I use frequently for my maintenance cleans, both gardiner both 35cm universal sill brushes but I like both the medium and the flocked... Choices choices

Part Timer

Not bothered as long as it's 45cm and got 4 x 1.4mm jets

scottish cleaning service

Got the new stiff extreme with two jets but I see Gardiner have the new Medium one with 4 jets back in stock so bought a couple today. Should be good for first cleans with the 3mm jets and then another one with 1.4mm jets for maintenance cleans. You can never have enough brushes is the way I see it, can't be bothered changing jets all the time.

Part Timer
22 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

12cm flocked 

Do you only do Juliet Balconies 🤣

Pjj

We use supream stiff brushes but don’t  find they last as long as the older version 

Edited by Pjj

Den

Extreme 35cm 4 x 1.4 jets bit big/heavy for  @Part Timer 😃

Extreme medium sill brush.

ultimate flock for first cleans and square leaded.

wee man

I really like them but you use a lot of water. What I was doing was using the 3mm till lunch time then changing over to the 1.4mm. Got fed up with that so for the last week I've just been using the 1.4.  The water lasts for ages white the 1.4.

If I had a bigger pay load I would use the 3mm all the time you hardly need to rinse as your rinsing while your scrubbing.  

Iron Giant

I couldn't get away with 3mm jets, been using a new brush the past week or so with the new jets and to be honest the flow is greater/faster than the brass 1.4mm jets, my thinking is you would have to run your pump almost flat out and end up using more water than necessary if just doing normal houses away from the coast. 

CHWS

I use 3mm jets and wouldn’t use anything else. I seem to use the equivalent to what people quote on here in regards to water and they are probably using 2mm jets 

Den

Thanks lads I do use 1.4 x 4 in my 35cm brush.

Stop using my rinsebars even though I like them due to the added weight.

After using fanjets For a long time and going back to pencil I have defo come to the conclusion that I prefer 2mm pencils over the fans.

Water always being a premium commodity was worry about using to much too fast I think it will be a case when I put a next order in Gardiner  I add the 3mm pencils and give them a try. 

Den
49 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I couldn't get away with 3mm jets, been using a new brush the past week or so with the new jets and to be honest the flow is greater/faster than the brass 1.4mm jets, my thinking is you would have to run your pump almost flat out and end up using more water than necessary if just doing normal houses away from the coast. 

What’s your new brush out of interest? 

23 minutes ago, CHWS said:

I use 3mm jets and wouldn’t use anything else. I seem to use the equivalent to what people quote on here in regards to water and they are probably using 2mm jets 

I use approx 1.5lpm with my set up regardless what jets or rinsebar what do you use. 

CHWS
36 minutes ago, Den said:

I use approx 1.5lpm with my set up regardless what jets or rinsebar what do you use. 

I think the last time I checked it was slightly over 2 litres pm 

Den
6 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Thanks mate 👍

Part Timer
7 minutes ago, CHWS said:

I'm  getting on a bit and currently averaging 3 points an hour

Baldmonkey
5 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

12cm flocked 

Good luck with those quad fold doors 😂

Iron Giant
10 hours ago, Den said:

Well despite nay saying the Xtreme sill, I sold my first one and bought the flocked version which for me is a lot better than the medium bristled one and I have the new jet capsule 1.4mm jets.

Den
53 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Well despite nay saying the Xtreme sill, I sold my first one and bought the flocked version which for me is a lot better than the medium bristled one and I have the new jet capsule 1.4mm jets.

Your the fourth person that I have heard say they prefer the flock version will add it to my limestone Gardiner order. 

I like to rinse on the glass do you rinse on or off the glass? 

THL4KEL

Has anyone got the new - Gardiner 35cm sill brush flocked? 

If they have are the bristles as long as the sill brush 24inch flocked?

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short.

The bristles on the 24inch do a much better job but looking at the new 35cm flocked that could be really good if the bristles are longer than standard universal.

Part Timer
1 hour ago, THL4KEL said:

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short.

The bristles on the 24inch do a much better job but looking at the new 35cm flocked that could be really good if the bristles are longer than standard universal.

I think @Iron Gianthas one, could be wrong as that's a big brush for the little fella 😁

57 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I just find the standard - Universal is not as good as the sill 24inch flocked for getting behind the external gutter/fascia, bristles just a bit short

I've never really gave it a thought, hard to see behind the gutter unless you are looking for it. I wouldn't worry about it unless I get pulled up. I used to be a perfectionist but in the end you would need a ladder to get every bit behind a gutter. As long as you have a dry towel at hand to clean the drips then everyone will be happy. fwiw

Part Timer
16 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I've never really gave it a thought, hard to see behind the gutter unless you are looking for it. I wouldn't worry about it unless I get pulled up. I used to be a perfectionist but in the end you would need a ladder to get every bit behind a gutter. As long as you have a dry towel at hand to clean the drips then everyone will be happy. fwiw

That's not my quote you used 😀

4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

That's not my quote you used 😀

You can't get the staff anymore. Had a good chat with a guy that has buy to lets. He was liking the idea of yearly clears on the gutters to prevent water egress back into the building. Might end up being his outside maintenance guy if the money is right. See what sitting in the van outside Greggs can do for ones business! Right place at the right time.

THL4KEL

The more you get from behind the less drips occur. Which make it an easier job. Saves going round drying of the fascia with a clean cloth.

Iron Giant
3 hours ago, Part Timer said:

I think @Iron Gianthas one, could be wrong as that's a big brush for the little fella 😁

I prefer the 12cm brush 😅 @THL4KEL drop me message I have got spare brushes collecting dust in the garage, a supreme flocked gets right behind the guttering

@Den & @Baldmonkey I have merged your posts as they are covering the same topic overall

Baldmonkey
4 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

yep i have, its not a bad brush at all, nice and smooth, probably equal id say in the length but @Alex Gardiner would be best to confirm

Iron Giant
9 hours ago, Den said:

Your the fourth person that I have heard say they prefer the flock version will add it to my limestone Gardiner order. 

I like to rinse on the glass do you rinse on or off the glass? 

I prefer the softer bristles also that they hold more water than mono bristles, I rinse on and off the glass