Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best company Water fed pole??

Nick1000

Newbie Nick here again. Firstly thanks for all the responses on my previous post, a massive help! Spent the day emailing and talking to various companies who sell and install the water fed pole sytems and proving a mine field. In your opinion who offers the best value and is regarded accross the industy as the go to guys? Thanks again windies Nick 

PS SORRY NOT JUST THE POLES THE FULL VAN SET UP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gardiner Poles and brushes are by far and away the favoured company on this site. I personally believe that the CLX27 is the best pole you can buy for your money. I know the old, infirm and weaklings think you need to buy a SLX or even an Extreme.

As for tanks and systems then probably the likes of Grippa, Pure Freedom and Waterworks are the most common. Grippa being the most expensive and I doubt much between the other 2. I have had 2 PF systems and would recommend them for the system. I wouldn't however recommend them for buying consumables from though.

As @Part Timer said, gardeners are normally the best poles. I started off with window cleaning warehouse poles (Phoenix), they’re a little cheaper but have upgraded 2 of my poles to gardiners and haven’t regretted it. Quality as a slightly higher price

Totaly agree with @Part Timer , all depends what your budget is Poles and brushes and most fittings Gardiner pole systems . For van mount systems ,Grippatank,waterworks, or if you can pick up a second hand ionics pro 5 system they are very good I have 3 of them there are bargains to be had with ionics stuff on eBay now and then and sometimes on hear they come up to . 

@Nick1000 message me, i can be very helpful for you and give you all the advice and answers you are looking for, can even meet up and help you out with questions

Gardiner poles for me as I'm very happy with them. I can't give an opinion on any others as I've not used them, except for heavy, whippy, composite poles in the early days.

I have a 25 & 35 xtreme and will be buying an 18 fairly soon. I could do 80% of my windows with an 18 and its only now that i understand this from experience.
I'd consider a 22 if it closes to the same short length as the SLX 22. You might find that the extra 4ft length with only a tiny bit of added weight is handy for reaching over conservatories and extensions. Also the short closed length is easier around tight walkways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd consider a 22 if it closes to the same short length as the SLX 22. You might find that the extra 4ft length with only a tiny bit of added weight is handy for reaching over conservatories and extensions. Also the short closed length is easier around tight walkways.

Yes you are correct, forgot to say that i bought an 18 slx with a pole 5 to take it to 22 feet. I now use the slx 18 and leave out the pole 5. Bought the 35 when I got the tank and got 10% discount. Bought the 25 when I got a few customers in new flats thinking I would get a lot more but they are turning out to be pita. Its all to do with those Juliet balconies and bars across the windows. If I lose one of them then I might ditch the other one because its not worth the hassle.

Yes you are correct, forgot to say that i bought an 18 slx with a pole 5 to take it to 22 feet. I now use the slx 18 and leave out the pole 5. Bought the 35 when I got the tank and got 10% discount. Bought the 25 when I got a few customers in new flats thinking I would get a lot more but they are turning out to be pita. Its all to do with those Juliet balconies and bars across the windows. If I lose one of them then I might ditch the other one because its not worth the hassle.
Juliet balconies : I hate them. I don't really get involved with them much anymore. When I do I tell the customer that I will do what I can get to. I don't do any changing of brush or twisting of brush to try to get through bars. I price accordingly.

Juliet balconies : I hate them. I don't really get involved with them much anymore. When I do I tell the customer that I will do what I can get to. I don't do any changing of brush or twisting of brush to try to get through bars. I price accordingly.

Yes been there. You end up finishing in bits and it costs you more in the process. I get £2.50 a window and have 8 to do but even if i got a fiver a window i would have my doubts. I thought all the cleaners would love this area with all the new build flats, now i realise that they love to hate it. If I had one of those flats then i would take a grinder to it. When i was a prison officer i saw bars on windows, now the home builders think its fashionable to put them on their windows.  

Yes been there. You end up finishing in bits and it costs you more in the process. I get £2.50 a window and have 8 to do but even if i got a fiver a window i would have my doubts. I thought all the cleaners would love this area with all the new build flats, now i realise that they love to hate it. If I had one of those flats then i would take a grinder to it. When i was a prison officer i saw bars on windows, now the home builders think its fashionable to put them on their windows.  
Good point Mr Mckay.

Sorry kid... Couldn't resist it. ☺️

Newbie Nick here again. Firstly thanks for all the responses on my previous post, a massive help! Spent the day emailing and talking to various companies who sell and install the water fed pole sytems and proving a mine field. In your opinion who offers the best value and is regarded accross the industy as the go to guys? Thanks again windies Nick 

PS SORRY NOT JUST THE POLES THE FULL VAN SET UP!

I highly recommend the Boss pole system available from Lee Martin at Bladeright cleaning supplies Ltd based in Wellington Somerset.

Also he offers a bespoke van install system 

Very honest pricing and well made poles available in 3 composite formats. Fast secure delivery and faultless customer care 

Hi,

For me, much like most of the other comments, I would deffo go with a Gardiner pole.  SLX my choice.  I have a Grippamax system from Grippatank fitted in the back of my Transit custom and it is great.

It can be daunting as it is an expensive business to get into now, compared to when I started trad 22 years ago, but it also pays to listen to the advice of those on here with experience.  Lots of us bought cheap to start with, and very soon ended up buying the stuff we should have got in the first place.  Spend that bit of extra money to start with and you will save money in the long run.  After all, it is a business expense anyway, and compared to most jobs its pretty well payed.  Youll earn back what youve spent before you know it!

Back