Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cladding cleaning

What mix do you go for with virosol and do you ever do test areas to check its not going to adversely affect the material? Thanks
10 parts water to 1 part Virosol spray it on , leave a couple of muinits then scrub with wfp you can connect it to a garden hose to save pure water if you want rinse down job done , yes you could do a test area but I don’t as we have done thousands of sm of the stuff over the years so I know it will work and not cause problems , at this dilution rate it won’t hurt anything , glass,UPVC,aluminium plastic clad industrial units ,cement boards, evan if it dries on plastic and glass at this rate it is fine been using it for well over 10 years never had a problem , don’t use it any stronger as it’s not needed it won’t clean any better it’s a waist of product and could cause problems if used on some surfaces neat .

What mix do you go for with virosol and do you ever do test areas to check its not going to adversely affect the material? Thanks
Standard mix would be around 10 or 20 to 1 mix, it's a very good cleaning agent and works very well. On very heavy dirt or algea I'd say you could step down to 5/1 but any more or even neat I would use with caution and not leave it on anything for too long... 10/1 is my go to mix

Back