Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ford Transit Custom 290/310 Payload

Louis

Hi everyone,

I have been searching the internet for about an hour and frustratingly I can't find any decent info on this. 

Does anyone know payload for Ford Transit Custom L1H1 Short Wheel Base.

I am looking at either the 290 or the 310. The 2014/2015/2016 model.

I'd like to put an 800 litre tank in so 2 people can work all day on a high flow rate.

Has anyone done this before and have any recommendations? I know its a big tank but I feel like 650 litre won't cut it.

I'd say I use a flow rate of about 2 litres a minute, and I don't have any extra's - 2 poles, 2 electric reels and the tank that's it.

I’ve looked in to this and from what I can gather the 290 and 310 stands for 2900kg and 3100kg. Alls you have to do then is subract the actual vehicle weight from these values to get the payload for each model. Im pretty sure on the swb models payloads range from 1000kgs up to 1500kgs depending on the model. It also looks like the swb now has a better payload than the lwb version of the same model 

Transits have deffo improved their payloads over the years and you can also get a despatch/pro ace/expert with a 1400kg payload which should be plenty. 

Grippatank have a payload checker on their website.This will give you an idea.

I would say you will need the 310 I believe the 290 only holds a ton possibly less on the older models.

Go for a rwd 350 and take a 1000 litre.

They're built for it.

A full 800 tank will weigh 850kg

2 guys 200kg

fuel 100kg

roof rack and ladders 100

hose reels, ply lining tools 100

ive rounded these up but you get the idea.

it adds up quick.

I have 2015 L1H1 290 limited, 

Maximum weight 2900kg and the kerb weight according to V5 is 1950kg giving load of 950kg. 

I've had mine on weigh bridge and kerb weight was 1965kg when new. 

Back