Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OnPoint

So ordered a gutter vac today (the atom, seems an all round goer for a first vac and from research holds its own reputation) ordered one as trying to bring in other services and don’t really have anyone to foot a ladder for me. I appreciate that a vac won’t be able to do every job going so obviously have to go out and have a visual inspection before taking the job on!

To yous who also use a vac how do you go about a power source? Do you inform the customer you need them to be in for a source or...?

Also with gutter waste do you take it away with you or place it in a plastic carry bag and leave it with them to dispose of how they wish? 

I stipulate that I need access to power either through an outdoor socket or they leave an extension lease through the letterbox!

We always like to be self sufficient for power , customers will forget you are coming , we  try and leave the rubbish behind but will take it away if we have to , I don’t charge for taking it away as we are expensive anyway ???

We always like to be self sufficient for power , customers will forget you are coming , we  try and leave the rubbish behind but will take it away if we have to , I don’t charge for taking it away as we are expensive anyway ???

For a professional outfit like Reflection you can't really ask a customer for power. I think that's why I will invest in a 5 Kva or 4 Kw gennie. The Honda one is around £850 but they are the most reliable ones but another 80 Kgs on to the van's weight. The more professional i become the less I like asking the customer for anything or using their toilet nor bins. One ocd customer was going to get the Bin Police on to me because i put the wrong kind of plastic in his plastic bin so i removed it and put it in mine.  ? 

Having a generator will save u money in the long run it saves u messing around looking for power ? time is money 

Its more of a hassle taking the gen, it's 80kg I don't normally carry on the van. Lifting it in and out.. Given the chance I would take the customers supply anyday.
That's why I have a 240v and 110v, I have to have the 110 for H&S and therefore a generator. My genie though is 97kgs, whilst I can lift it in and out on my own it isn't really advisable, and not something I'd like to do 3 or 4 times a day.

That's why I have a 240v and 110v, I have to have the 110 for H&S and therefore a generator. My genie though is 97kgs, whilst I can lift it in and out on my own it isn't really advisable, and not something I'd like to do 3 or 4 times a day.

Quite agree that’s another reason to get the interceptor no electric of any sort needed total weight of 68-70 kg with ramps  it’s a doddle to get in and out of van on your own , I can lift the front up into the van on my own without Ramps and easily lift the back end up and push it in also , so either way it’s far easier than a vac and genie set up , we still use the little 240 volt Grippatank one for small shop fronts and difficult back access jobs .

No such thing 18 months ago though ? Give me another 6 months and I'll have one for the start of next winters gutter run.

Ime well impressed with it , I was very dubious initially and was going to get the set up you have but glad I got the one I did  so much quicker moving it around on large commercial one person moves the unit the other vacs we have done  a lot over the last couple of weeks that we used to do with a vac and genie and it was quicker , not so keen on the noise of the engine though I think Honda need to address that there is no need for it to be that loud no other engine on the market makes any where near the noise of Honda , but aside from that I cannot fault it , Ime sure you would be impressed with it for the work you do .

Back