Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee and Go Cardless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

NewGuy

Hi

I have searched high and low and cannot find any answers.

I'm looking at the Squeegee app and Go Cardless.  I understand I can create a payment plan on Go Cardless where payments will be collected on specific dates for specific amounts.  I don't think this is suitable for what I need it for.

I want ad hoc payments to be made, which may differ in amounts or dates.  Is the only way to do this is by going on Go Cardless website and making a payment request for each job?  I had hoped that I would be able to go on Squeegee, click job done and select an amount and request payment on that specific day.  

Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks.

Hi

I have searched high and low and cannot find any answers.

I'm looking at the Squeegee app and Go Cardless.  I understand I can create a payment plan on Go Cardless where payments will be collected on specific dates for specific amounts.  I don't think this is suitable for what I need it for.

I want ad hoc payments to be made, which may differ in amounts or dates.  Is the only way to do this is by going on Go Cardless website and making a payment request for each job?  I had hoped that I would be able to go on Squeegee, click job done and select an amount and request payment on that specific day.  

Am I correct in my understanding?

Thanks.
Yes, you can take payments using the squeegee app as and when you need it. It works just as you described. You can actually set it up so that when you Mark a job as done, it automatically generates the direct debit payment without any further input from you. You can set it up to confirm each payment manually first also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,  that's  good to know.

When I click on the job to request payment, it says I do not have automatic payment method set up.  

I cannot find any guidance anywhere on how to do this.  This is a very frustrating process!

Thanks,  that's  good to know.

When I click on the job to request payment, it says I do not have automatic payment method set up.  

I cannot find any guidance anywhere on how to do this.  This is a very frustrating process!
Are you using it for free ? Up to 50 customers?

i think you need to pay the monthly amount to be able use all the features

i could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I've using the paid services. I think the problem is with GoCardless rather than the Squeegee app. On the specific customer entry - it says "GoCardless - pending".

I think I need to ask GoCardless!  But thanks anyway.

It takes a few days to sync up. You can go into the squeegee settings and force a gocardless sync and that can update the status to live if it's changed at the gocardless end. Once the status is live you can then apply for the money, and yes you can change it on the fly to take for the job you just did, the total amount owing or another amount i think? If you can't do that then just mark the job as not done, change the amount to what you want, mark it done and then request the payment.

Latest Posts

Back