Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how does everyone feed power into the van?

Baldmonkey

When charging the batteries or putting a heater in the van when frosty, what is everyones method of feeding the power inside the van? trap the lead in the door? or feed it through a connector?

When charging the batteries or putting a heater in the van when frosty, what is everyones method of feeding the power inside the van? trap the lead in the door? or feed it through a connector?

I have a 16 amp Cee form plug mounted under the rear bumper of my van which is feed up through a breather vent under the NS light cluster.Ā 

Good call P4dstar...I've got a 'mechanical' timer (i.e not digital) with a clock face with push in/pull-out little nibs which represent 15min each - set during 6PM-6AM to come-on/go off each 15min alternatively, and set the temp fairly low, don't really need to 'heat it' , but just to neutralise the encroaching cold. (Rad has temp control too so set this low also)Ā 

Good call P4dstar...I've got a 'mechanical' timer (i.e not digital) with a clock face with push in/pull-out little nibs which represent 15min each - set during 6PM-6AM to come-on/go off each 15min alternatively, and set the temp fairly low, don't really need to 'heat it' , but just to neutralise the encroaching cold. (Rad has temp control too so set this low also)Ā 
Yeah I've got the same thing, I was thinking put it of and off for bursts through the night and then on constantly from about 5:30 till I'm ready to go.

Outside grade electrical socket on front of garage, 5 meter 13 amp rated extension cable (home made because most bought ones are only rated 10 amp). Cable sourced from local, independent electrical shop. Van backed fairly close to garage. Cable put under backdoor rubber. Plugged into 2kw immersion in 650 litre Wyedale tank with lashings of insulation.

Water is heated for use, and just enough heat radiates into the well insulated van to prevent equipment freezing, instead of air being heated and wasted.?

Small hole in floor with a rubber grommet and one of these for a caravan.

I have an extension lead that plugs in to an exterior socket on my fence that has the male end of the caravan socket on the other end.

4 plug extension lead screwed to the inside of the van with backpack charger in 1 and tube heater in another and 2 spare for other things.

20200119_223027.jpg

Back