Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carbon Trad pole

All Gardiner water fed poles can be used for trad cleaning , you just need an adapter that Gardiner’s sell to be able to do it , ime guessing an slx would meet your needs , have a look at Gardiner pole systems site 

Facelift (window cleaning warehouse) do a carbon pole for trad.

Have a look online at their site.

Hi, working in Spain and would like to use carbon pole for trad work. Could anybody give me some idea of the best ones to use? I mainly would like to use it for 5m-6m. 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/slx-ii-carbon-fibre-pole/pole-slx-22.html

select QuicK-loq gooseneck

select a brush and other free components you could sell on Ebay

Then add

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/gooseneck-parts/quick-loq-taper-adapter-use-traditional-tools.html

Two problems with the suggestions about using Gardiner.

1) Gardiner don't ship outside of the UK so you will have to use one of their international resellers which can be a bit of a nightmare.

2) The adapter doesn't firmly grip applicators or squeegees. So you'll have them twisting on the adaptor which can be a bit annoying if your trying to get a bit of precision.

I love Gardiner poles and products just disappointed with the adaptor and service outside UK. If you want quick and to your door go with WCW. I have no complaints with them. Having said that I have no experience with their poles so can't comment on them.

Moerman are now selling a carbon trad pole. I saw it on Cleaning Spot. I am going to buy a new extension pole. I have been looking at the Unger OptLock, but I'm undecided whether to splash out and get a carbon one as well.

The facelift pole is superb, light and strong. I use this along with the moerman excelerator and liquidator chanel. They have an offer on these so have a look on the window cleaning warehouse site. Don't go for the moerman aluminium pole as it's a lot heavier than the facelift and also very weak too. 

phantom-trad_2000x.jpg

The facelift pole is superb, light and strong. I use this along with the moerman excelerator and liquidator chanel. They have an offer on these so have a look on the window cleaning warehouse site. Don't go for the moerman aluminium pole as it's a lot heavier than the facelift and also very weak too. 

View attachment 19406
I have 2 of these and they are so light which is amazing but the top clamp keeps coming off with the weight of heavy wet mop on it. I had to keep retightening it and then the tip of pole cracked so I had to saw about 2 inches off. I use a 42 inch mop and squeegee so clearly too heavy for the pole and clamp.

In saying all of that i really like this pole and have actually ordered the 16ft version the other day. I used my gold Ettore pole today for the first time in months and it felt like it was made of solid steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back