Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanted: Van system 650l

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

Hi All,

Just bought myself a van finally so looking for a 650l tank and frame.

I will also have a 350l flat tank for sale once I get the larger one! 

And 6 x 25l drums ?
Meh, not many who genuinely need a 650L tank. Currently I only have use for it one day a month. If you do have use for a 650L system I reckon you're less likely to be selling it also

200.gif

Haha thats fair but the theory behind it is, Because I have no access to water apart from spotless water, the bigger the tank the better as it will halve the amount of trips I have to do to fill up, also good to have the extra for when I do actually need it!

Cheers mate.

does anyone know much about the design of these? The big v in the tank looks like there may be no way of actually getting all the water out of them?!

Cheers mate.

does anyone know much about the design of these? The big v in the tank looks like there may be no way of actually getting all the water out of them?!

The V doesn't go all the way through so you can empty the tank.

The tank looks wet in the one photo so I hope that the controllers aren't damaged. If the are then they are spring controllers so cheaper from Spring than Brodex.

Here's my take:

You can't go far wrong with a Brodex tank but don't expect good service from Brodex. Also, if you buy anything from them expect drama and to get ripped off price wise - my experience on 3 occasions (1 personal and 2 with another local windie.)

The pumps are mounted behind the panel the controllers are mounted in.

They have designed into the system a place for a di vessel which most probably will not use. That could well be a waste of space so makes the unit much bulkier.

I notice that they say that it comes with a steel mounting frame but the seller hasn't shown it. The steel frame fits all the way around the base but they tend to rust quite badly. When I was looking at them once a seller's frame was so rusty that it actually had holes in it where the rust had eaten all the way through. The base and the steel frame increase the footprint of the tank even more.

The other issue for me was that I couldn't fit the tank width ways across my SWB Peugeot Boxer van. The only way I could fit it was length ways.

I could just fit it width ways across the front bulkhead but filling the tank would mean I would overload the from axle. PureFreedom know this so fit the tanks they supply length ways.

What van have you purchased?

Thanks a lot for your input spruce! Knowledgable as always and definitely some stuff to think about!

I have bought a scudo with 1000kg payload (fuel is included in the kerb weight with these) 

Thanks a lot for your input spruce! Knowledgable as always and definitely some stuff to think about!

I have bought a scudo with 1000kg payload (fuel is included in the kerb weight with these) 

Here's the data sheet giving you the weight of the tank full (726kgs) and also the footprint.

https://brodexbms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Brodex-E650DI-Datasheet.compressed.pdf

With your van you would need to position that tank correctly which could well mean length ways. Not only does the load have to be within the van's payload but it also has to be positioned correctly so neither of the axles are overloaded.

My 650 litre Wyedale tank was fitted length ways in my previous Citroen Relay SWB. I found that the area behind the driver's side became a 'dead' area as it was difficult to reach from either over the tank or down the side. This tank would have made that even worst as its much wider.

My Boxer van is a 333 with a higher payload. I was able to mount the tank width ways so some the the tank frame fits between the wheel arches. This gives me enough space for both hose reels at the back, our step ladder mounted vertically and the electric heater during the winter months when necessary.

Mounting it this way also gives me full access to that 'dead' area I had on my previous van.

Latest Posts

Back