Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extreme 22 or 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Which would you recommend?

• Extreme 22

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Extreme 25

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Looking to get my first Extreme pole. I currently use an SLX30 with two sections removed. I have to add the sections to clean three storey town houses and a few Velux. There's only £30 in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can do nothing but recommend the extreme 22ft I have, made a night and day difference in every department from my old and trusty clx 27ft. Love the lightweight nature of the pole with a good amount of flex to get into the corners.

If there's £30 in it then I'd probably go for 25ft version just to give the extra reach you might need. I've found only three storie properties need the clx now, even large conservatory roofs are zero issue for the extreme 22ft at full extension.  

Can do nothing but recommend the extreme 22ft I have, made a night and day difference in every department from my old and trusty clx 27ft. Love the lightweight nature of the pole with a good amount of flex to get into the corners.

If there's £30 in it then I'd probably go for 25ft version just to give the extra reach you might need. I've found only three storie properties need the clx now, even large conservatory roofs are zero issue for the extreme 22ft at full extension.  

I just got the extreme 22, swapped from a slx 22 and quite a noticeable difference. Very few I cant reach with the 22 and I have an extension if needed so i would go for the 22 
The 25 is 110g heavier and 20cm longer. I reckon my SLX30 is 21.4ft with the two sections removed. It is a stretch to do the top windows on a 3 storey. How do you guys find it doing say a new build 3 storey house?

The 25 is 110g heavier and 20cm longer. I reckon my SLX30 is 21.4ft with the two sections removed. It is a stretch to do the top windows on a 3 storey. How do you guys find it doing say a new build 3 storey house?
Personally I do it quite comfortably without over-extending myself too much. Did one today but I must say I am 6'4 tall with a long reach but I'm sure that cant make a massive difference. Also good to have an extension as a backup in the van, the slx extension 6 fits nicely on the extreme 22 when needed. 

Personally I do it quite comfortably without over-extending myself too much. Did one today but I must say I am 6'4 tall with a long reach but I'm sure that cant make a massive difference. Also good to have an extension as a backup in the van, the slx extension 6 fits nicely on the extreme 22 when needed. 
I'm 6ft, I'm sure 4 inches shorter won't make a difference.... That's what I told the wife anyway.

P4dstar, if it's your first Xtreme, suggest handle with care, especially the first few weeks, they are much less forgiving if they happen to blow/fall flat on a hard surface, especially anything with an edge -  e.g raised railway sleeper flowerbed/corner of firepit or if you lowered it onto an unmovable object like top of an open door...it's a painful noise that thwack of section cracking?...like nails down a blackboard to a windie

P4dstar, if it's your first Xtreme, suggest handle with care, especially the first few weeks, they are much less forgiving if they happen to blow/fall flat on a hard surface, especially anything with an edge -  e.g raised railway sleeper flowerbed/corner of firepit or if you lowered it onto an unmovable object like top of an open door...it's a painful noise that thwack of section cracking?...like nails down a blackboard to a windie
Once I've spent circa £600 on a pole I shall be wrapping it in bubble wrap and transporting it on a velvet cushion I can assure you ???

I don't use the extreme on my three storie new builds @P4dstar as I'm a bit shorter than you and can't quite get enough length, given it's a 22ft. If it were a 25ft then I'd say I should just about reach. As for them being fragile etc ive not found that to be overly the case but mine is preowned and therefore much cheaper than the £600 quoted above, so I don't mind throwing mine around a bit and getting replacement sections if required.

Touch wood not poles have snapped so far but I've found a few cracks at the base of a few, nothing to overly worry about imo.   

Next pole I get will be the Extreme 22. I prefer a shorter collapsed pole due to driving a small van. Will just boost it up when needed with a section of my current SLX27 and maybe look to getting an SLX Extension as well. For me there is no point really getting the Extreme extensions. 

I’ll be interested in hearing how you get on with the extreme. I’ve been using a SLX for a while now and wonder how much easier an extreme would be on my shoulders.

I've got the 25, don't see the point of buying the 22 when I have an slx 18 with the 5 extension if needed. The 25 is good for getting to the veluxs on the roofs on new builds I do. I put there price up £2 but I now clean there veluxs and they seem happy with it.

I’ll be interested in hearing how you get on with the extreme. I’ve been using a SLX for a while now and wonder how much easier an extreme would be on my shoulders.

Its more rigid than the slx which can resemble a fishing rod the longer you go.

I've had a go on Iron Giants Extreme. It's a lot lighter and sturdier than the SLX. 

I just have a SLX27. I don't carry multiple poles, my van is emptied every night and loaded the next day depending on what jobs are scheduled. 

I’ve got the extreme 25 with the extension to make it 35.

If you’ve got lots of three storey houses like I have (with veluxes) this pole is just the ticket.

I find the extra 3ft reach of the 25 foot pole very useful on a small number of my jobs. However, I find the 20cm longer collapsed length of the 25 foot pole to be irritating in confined spaces. Also, when reaching down to operate the Univalve, the bottom of the pole never seems to be in the right place for smooth operation.

So for me the 22 foot pole is the better balanced pole. Fortunately I have an SL-X25 from years back which I carry for those very few times when I need the extra 3 foot. The SL-X25 will probably see me to retirement at the rate I use it.

22 plus ext 6 for me. It’s a bit lighter and has a smaller collapsed length for working in tight spaces. It will reach most 3 storey stuff with the ext getting the rest and will also have more combined reach than just a 25.  

Just out of curiosity, how many of you follow the maintenance recommendation religiously with the extreme poles?  Tbh it puts me off a little bit.

You can always put a layer of glue around the worn sections on the SLX, build up where it's worn out. I've done it's twice now and rarely clean it out. Only takes few hours to sort out.

Latest Posts

Back