Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dont want another today EVER

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Fkn shittest day on windows ever. Arrived at 95yr old blokes house at 11.15am could hear his phone on full blast, assumed it was the answer phone. Knocked to let him know i was there with no answer, could still hear shouting from his 'answer phone' and could nlw hear him shouting 'help' Lookes through living room window, walking frame on floor and him lying on floor with trousers round his ankles. Ran round all 3 neighbours NO answer, so managed to get his attention through window, and he shouted where the spare keys were so i didnt have to break in. The 'answer machine' was infact his emergency button intercom. So i spoke to the woman, and covered him with blanket, waited till ambulance arrived and waited while they made sure he was ok. 2.5hrs i was there, never been so fkn frightened, and dont want another day like today. His sons in somerset we are in Norfolk, the care company have NO local emercency contact for him so if he falls again its a case of wait for ambulance ??? Cant fault the ambulance guys today, the NHS will never get a slating from me. So now they have my number if he falls again im only 10mins away. Talk about above n beyond .

20200123_162508.jpg

Fkn shittest day on windows ever. Arrived at 95yr old blokes house at 11.15am could hear his phone on full blast, assumed it was the answer phone. Knocked to let him know i was there with no answer, could still hear shouting from his 'answer phone' and could nlw hear him shouting 'help' Lookes through living room window, walking frame on floor and him lying on floor with trousers round his ankles. Ran round all 3 neighbours NO answer, so managed to get his attention through window, and he shouted where the spare keys were so i didnt have to break in. The 'answer machine' was infact his emergency button intercom. So i spoke to the woman, and covered him with blanket, waited till ambulance arrived and waited while they made sure he was ok. 2.5hrs i was there, never been so fkn frightened, and dont want another day like today. His sons in somerset we are in Norfolk, the care company have NO local emercency contact for him so if he falls again its a case of wait for ambulance ??? Cant fault the ambulance guys today, the NHS will never get a slating from me. So now they have my number if he falls again im only 10mins away. Talk about above n beyond .

View attachment 18988

View attachment 18988
You'll have to charge him by the hour????

My mum's window cleaner found her neighbour dead when cleaning the upstairs windows and had to wait for police to arrive. You see everything in this game and will become a social worker if you want too.

Last week i went to one of my custys.. had already been told by her the month before that she had a terminal cancer but still had a few months left to try alternative treatments etc.

So the text went to her last week she replies back to text her hubby as her health has gone bad and she's in a hospice. I was totally shocked. Sorted out the visit with her fella.. when i went there the mum was there who said she was coming home for a couple of last hours with her daughters and then going back to the hospice and that would be it - within the 24hrs i assume. I was utterly gobsmacked and pretty gutted if i'm honest. She'd been my best customer - always in, always friendly, always paid... absolutely no hassle from that one in the slightest. She'll be gone now from what the mum said.

Nothing prepared me for that, it was totally ****. I never replied to her text so decided i should do.. sent it to her fella to pass on as i didn't think she'd have enouigh energy.. spent 40 mins trying to write it and ended up in tears several times. I barely knew her but i've had so much **** go on through my life that it affected me quite badly. She was a 34 year old who leaves behind 2 very sweet girls and a doting hubby who clearly cherished her. 

I then went to my next custy - fronts only. While there her neighbour pulls up - another of my custys (kinda - he's messed me about so he's kinda on hiatus). He gets out of the passenger side looking worse for wear.. we say hi, I says blimey you alright fella? (he was on a walking stick looking really ill) he says "no i've had brain surgery over christmas - they found a brain tumour". He's 82 and looked ready to keel over on the spot.

It was a really **** day.

View attachment 18988
Your a STAR Mate.

try and canvass some younger customers!....i have a street i clean on that ive nicknamed "death row" as 5 of them have died in the last year........☹️
When I started up again had a patch with 3 customers on it, one a really old feller called Harry, great bloke, but I could tell it was going to be a case of turning up one day and finding him on the floor injured or worse.........so to avoid this I dropped all 3 of them to avoid this happening to me.

sometimes you gotta walk away........no jobs last forever.....if a customer is diagnosed with dementia and i sense their losing their mind i stop going....nothing surprises me after 27 years window cleaning....

customer of all ages have died over the last 27 years,not just the elderly.....freak accidents,different forms of cancer,etc,etc

sometimes you gotta walk away........no jobs last forever.....if a customer is diagnosed with dementia and i sense their losing their mind i stop going..

I got a 93 year old lady who looks like she might go at any point..  sweet enough old girl and always has a carer in the house with her but i have a hunch that i should probably stop attending suspect clients like this in the future. I won't drop this one as i don't really speak to her - i always deal with the carer but wave to the old girl through the window and give her a smile so no real customer - windy relationship but if i was speaking to her face to face each time i'd probably find myself quite upset when she goes.

I got a 93 year old lady who looks like she might go at any point..  sweet enough old girl and always has a carer in the house with her but i have a hunch that i should probably stop attending suspect clients like this in the future. I won't drop this one as i don't really speak to her - i always deal with the carer but wave to the old girl through the window and give her a smile so no real customer - windy relationship but if i was speaking to her face to face each time i'd probably find myself quite upset when she goes.
Just hope she goes peacefully like my Nan.

She died in peace in the chair.

Frightened the sh*t out of her dentist though ?.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies. ?

sometimes you gotta walk away........no jobs last forever.....if a customer is diagnosed with dementia and i sense their losing their mind i stop going...
@spruce that would be me and you without a window cleaner ?, I honestly couldn't do that without speaking to the family I have a genuine sympathy for those with dementia and there families who have to deal with it, an old lady who lived next door to us as kids looked after us like we were her own grand kids and she developed it, I can still see her face now after more than 35 years I also know a few customers at different stages, it's the the one thing that haunts me as my memory can be shocking now at 44 years of age.

Thanks for the invite for that ?. No Dave B?

I’ll be doing over six hours on the lash today as Millwall are at home ?

Hope you had a good evening ?‍?
Only a gentle session just the 15 pints of Guinness and 1 lager for me lol

hard work keeping up with the big fella @Part Timer lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back