Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger sting ray

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iam thinking of buying a sting ray,they now do an open one with a tank not the pouch system,which one do you thinks best please.Happy new year.
I'm having the same exact thoughts however there are rumours of the tank version leaking and not very reliable. The pouch system wins my vote and they aren't that expensive when buying a case in my opinion.

Just seen a complete kit with plenty of extension poles for £50

Ive got no indoor equip,just trad em,but ive got an eko house with a three story glass façade.i met polzblade at the cleaning show,and got on alright with his gear,or may be a wagtail,The ordinary unger pad system(which ive never used) is tons cheaper it also might work better as the ledges are about 2" deep that I have to do,any experience?i wonder if you rate this as high as the sting ray. Is yours the pouch system? cheers

Can't see the new tank system anywhere so if anyone has a link that would be great 

I've got the pouch one and tbh I've stopped using it. Loved it at first but onetime I saw a window in full sun that I had cleaned with it and it was a streaky mess. And that was a window I had done with it on a regular basis as they say it works better on maintenance cleans. Now I just trad them.

If u go on window cleaning warehouse webb site search sting ray,u want the one that says OPEN SYSTEM that's the one with the tank,just a bit more expensive than the pouch system

Ive got no indoor equip,just trad em,but ive got an eko house with a three story glass façade.i met polzblade at the cleaning show,and got on alright with his gear,or may be a wagtail,The ordinary unger pad system(which ive never used) is tons cheaper it also might work better as the ledges are about 2" deep that I have to do,any experience?i wonder if you rate this as high as the sting ray. Is yours the pouch system? cheers

With the initial cost of a stingray 330 kit including trade packs of microfibre deep clean pads and green finishing pads, additional poles chemical pack sachets you'll be approximately £500 out of pocket. Check out the new Varitech systems internal WFP system. It may pay itself off with plenty of internal jobs 

I've got one (my second) and use it fairly regularly in summer - great for conny roofs/stairwell/lightwells/high internalglass/veluxes...

But not ideal on hot sunny days, else yes be prone to be streaky. Key is have plenty of the heavy duty pads and the polishing pads AND change them often. The fluid dissolves the grime, the heavy duty pads (blueygrey) scrub/'mop' up the dirt, the green polish pads act a bit like scrims..DO NOT let the fluid dry on the glass (if it does, just re-squirt a few times) and remember to change pads more frequently than you think. 

Just like if you try to clean a conny roof (inside) on a hot day you will often fine you get streaks as the water evaporates leaving the dirt held in suspension in the water to reform on the glass.

As with all tools, used correctly, in the correct manner, it can be a useful addition to the toolbox

I have a stingray and have to say it`s great for maintenance cleans but rubbish for really dirty windows. I do find its very quick to use and the beauty of it is that there are no drips.

Latest Posts

Back